PDA

View Full Version : Narration?

Skywolf
October 13th, 2008, 11:30
In my BoB documentary, should I narrate it with my voice or just words. Or not at all?

Donald Piper
October 13th, 2008, 11:59
To get rolling, I'll go with your voice.

Skywolf
October 13th, 2008, 12:02
OK, but it sounds kinda cheesy on a recording.

erufle
October 13th, 2008, 14:02
Just find a buddy with a good voice, possibly a Brit.

Tango_Romeo
October 13th, 2008, 14:05
OK, but it sounds kinda cheesy on a recording.

...always sounds different to you on a recording, as it's the only time you hear it as others do.

Put your voicetrack on the vid.....I'll let you know if it really sounds 'cheesy' because I'm PI...politically incorrect, AKA honest. :costumes::costumes::costumes:

OBIO
October 13th, 2008, 14:11
Any good documentary needs a narrator...if not its just a bunch of pictures and old movies. The narration is what puts you in the time and place shown by the pictures and movies.

Use your own voice...as cheesey as it sound...because you are the one who knows the emotions, the feelings that you are trying to convey to the viewer.

And speaking of cheesy voices, I have read and heard in many documentaries that President Abraham Lincoln had a very high pitched and weak voice and that many who were at the Getisburg Address could not hear a thing he was saying because his voice would not carry more than 15 ro 20 feet from where he was standing.

OBIO

Skywolf
October 13th, 2008, 18:34
Ok.Will do. @ TR. I actually like it when people are Politically incorrect. I do it myself!:costumes: