PDA

View Full Version : Missions in multiplayer

Warhawk1130
October 13th, 2008, 11:29
So, I have the mission built, dp swapped and ready to go....so many years gone by, forgot HOW to connect up to host the mission in multiplayer so we could do the mission, and not a free for all with guns...

Warhawk1130
October 14th, 2008, 09:53
ok, got it working.....now, my next question, using multiswap, is it possible to have an ordnance loadout for multiplayer? or only brunhost for that?

simonu
October 14th, 2008, 11:19
If you carry a load out be sure all the other participants have the weps or they will be faced with a list of "cant find the ..." messages as they enter the flight. Having said that, even if you all have the weapons you will only see your own ordinance being fired.
Assuming all your players have the same mission loaded as the multiplayer mission they will all see any AI planes and ground units placed there in, but the units are unique to each player thus, if a player attacks and destroys a unit only he will see it destroyed all other players will still see it undamaged. so if you want to run a team co op mission against an AI target you will have to use Brunhost to play the target.
Moving AI units like ships are likely to diverge in each players game.
keep us informed of how you get on, there are a number of us who are experimenting with what can be done with multiplayer.

Warhawk1130
October 14th, 2008, 11:35
That was my question, CAN we have a loadoud, and HOW do you make it happen?

Thanks.

simonu
October 14th, 2008, 13:00
Because loadouts can only be seen in action by the player carrying them Id say whats the point in using them. I dont want to say no you cant use them because I think you should try it out. But I dont think it works. Instead I'd modifie the dp to simulate rocket/raygun attacks, just be sure to tell your buddies that this has been done.