PDA

View Full Version : CYQB v2

ddlebrun
April 13th, 2009, 03:03
One of the most detailed freeware airport is now available at AVSIM.COM, CYQB v2 (Quebec Jean Lesage Intl). As close as it can get....

MCDesigns
April 13th, 2009, 04:45
Thanks for the HU. Very nice work, like the night lighting alot.!

I would love to know how he did the animated sign

Cactuskid
April 13th, 2009, 08:53
I have Gilles first version of CYQB and it's excellent. I just D/L'd v2 and can't wait to try it out. :applause:

X_eidos2
April 13th, 2009, 15:02
I've read several threads over on design forums saying that animated textures like those used to make the raindrops in FS9 are not supported in FSX. But, I did see someone mention the idea of using the particle systems that are used to make special effects being used as a work-around. I don't know if the scenery designer used this process but the theory is that you have a particle system that emits really big particles (say the size of a billboard) and each particle has it's own texture and they appear and disappear at the rate of 15 per second. The property of the particle that causes it to always face the camera is turned off. So instead of having one polygon that has the texture constantly changing. You have a series of polygons with matching series of textures rapidly appearing and disappearing in the exact same position.

anthony31
April 15th, 2009, 15:06
Thanks for the HU. Very nice work, like the night lighting alot.!

I would love to know how he did the animated sign

Downloaded this scenery and it is very good. Perhaps in version 3 he can add some photoreal terrain :) .

Regarding the sign. The only effects files added by the scenery are for lights so he didn't use the effects system to make it. Having a close look at the sign it appears as though the developer made 7 rectangular polygons, each with a different texture applied and then simply moves one rectangle in front of the others, holds it for a few seconds and then moves it back while bringing forward the next rectangle. Very clever and look all good ideas very simple.

jimjones
April 25th, 2009, 03:41
Downloaded this sometime ago based on this thread. Thanks for the HU.

Just installed it today.

Very detailed designs and high res textures.

The best internal scenery of a terminal I've seen in a freeware and viewable thru the glass windows.

I agree, a photoreal terrain around the field would be nice.

Alexraptor
April 25th, 2009, 03:53
Actually for as close as it can get one would use photoscenery for the aircraft grounds instead of generic FSX roads and grass.
But its still a very nice addon ;)