PDA

View Full Version : iphone 'flight control' personal record

tigisfat
April 12th, 2009, 11:39
I've heard a few people mention that they have this application for iphones and ipod touches. My new record is 104 aircraft landed. Is anyone else close?

djscoo
April 12th, 2009, 11:59
Mine's 58 I noticed it was the top selling pay-app yesterday as well. This game is sure a winner!

tigisfat
April 12th, 2009, 12:25
I wonder what the all-time top score is?

Lionheart
April 12th, 2009, 13:53
104!!!

You...... arrghh :banghead:

<---- 68

Bill

Wittpilot
April 12th, 2009, 14:31
I am going to have to break down and get it aren't I?

djscoo
April 12th, 2009, 14:36
I am going to have to break down and get it aren't I?
Looks like it...it's on sale for .99 but it says the regular price is 2.99 (maybe just a marketing ploy) but the game is so worth it.

Snuffy
April 12th, 2009, 14:48
Ummm sorry if I'm a little old fashioned.

I use a phone for just that .... a telecommunications device .. not a toy. :173go1:

djscoo
April 12th, 2009, 15:15

I use a phone for just that .... a telecommunications device .. not a toy. :173go1:
Well then you obviously haven't played with an Iphone/Ipod Touch I think it would change that attitude:173go1:

Wittpilot
April 12th, 2009, 16:05

Since I am 25 years younger than the next oldest person I work with Snuffy... I can completely see your side... however, the iPhone does so much, it is just uncanny to think of the possibilities... if someone has a question about anything, I mean ANYthing, I cn have the answer usually in less than 30 seconds.... it is a neat little tool... Hey, it allows me to go to sim-outhouse on my 5 min breaks at the plant, when not a single other soul can even get reception inside the building!!!

-witt

Lionheart
April 12th, 2009, 16:08
Snuffy,

I have a,

* Aircraft Controller game
* Pocket Plasma TV
* Yahoo instant messenger
* Mac OS 'Notes' program
* World time with built in timer and stop watch
* Holy Bible in about 12 translations including foreign languages
* 'Big Oven' recipes (about 1,000)
* Movie Player (dvd's burned to iPod format)
* Mac OS iCal (Calendar) program
* Google Maps
* World Weather (perhaps 20 locations selectable)
* Contacts (web and mail)
* Dictionaire (freeware Dictionary)
* Flashlight (3 colors selectable)
* Thesaurus (Freeware)
* German Dictionary
* German Translator (International that is)
* Night Stand mode Clock program (3 selectable versions, flipable)
* Pandora
* Electronic Books
* iChill nature songs (relaxation program)
* Solitaire card games (several versions in the same program, freeware)
* Sudoku
* Toy Bot (game, cool)
* BMW Z4 (game, cool again)
* The Weather Channel with online state video (WiFi)
* Urban Spoon (awesome restaurant locater with Google Earth built in)
* Remote for operating/controlling Apple linked sound systems/computers...

and.......

* Internet Explorer (Mac Safari Edition)
* iPhotos (I think I have 400 photos in mine roughly)
* Pocasts (none in it presently, I am rotating them through as I want, 194 on the big Mac presently).
* and iTunes store explorer (I can purchase music 'on/in' the iPod)

and I dont have a phone in it, lol....

:d

I think I got the better deal.

EDIT: That is 'some' of the Apps (programs) on my iPod Touch. There are more, didnt mention them.

I want an iPhone so bad.. arrghh...

Bill

EDIT 2: Oh........ most importantly (why they were designed).. A ton of music. :d

Snuffy
April 12th, 2009, 17:09
Geeze ... why does everyone feel sorry for me?

I got what I use and I'm happy with it. I don't need anything else. :woot:

Except maybe to change carriers. :engel016:

tigisfat
April 12th, 2009, 18:46
not to mention:

an aviation (albeit VFR and SA only) GPS
a HUD display:I stick it on the dash of the arrow and it projects on the windscreen
E-6B
flight planner
flight plan filer
METAR decoder
all aviation weather put out by the FAA
chart view in the air

Anything you can get on a computer for aviation. I use it alot for viewing charts in the air.

Wittpilot
April 13th, 2009, 16:49
Well... I did it... I got it last night... I have played it a handfull of times... I think I have got to 51 as a top score... .gets pretty damn hairy right about then...damn helos....

I do have to ask though.... Everytime I hear that "crash" sound...it scares the living crap out of me!!!

-witt

Panther_99FS
April 13th, 2009, 16:59
Interesting thread :)

Cratermaker
April 13th, 2009, 18:14
My record is 61. I hope now that they have found it to be popular, they might mix it up a bit with different airport layouts or something.

Chacha
April 13th, 2009, 21:45
I was just aiming for 20 so i can get my pilots license fast! :focus:

I added Y!Messenger on iPod; all the ones mentioned above i got them all! X-Plane, Flixster, Toy Camera, Voice Notes, Zippo Lighter, Night Stand, Pandora (my Fav), Google Earth...

Just DL iPhone Software Update (2.2)... Takes 45 min.

Eli :typing:

Lionheart
April 13th, 2009, 23:09
Well... I did it... I got it last night... I have played it a handfull of times... I think I have got to 51 as a top score... .gets pretty damn hairy right about then...damn helos....

I do have to ask though.... Everytime I hear that "crash" sound...it scares the living crap out of me!!!

-witt

lolol... They did that sound well, lol.. You can hear pots and pans hitting the ground, hub caps spinning to a still... Horrible.. I dread it!

Lionheart
April 13th, 2009, 23:10
I was just aiming for 20 so i can get my pilots license fast! :focus:

I added Y!Messenger on iPod; all the ones mentioned above i got them all! X-Plane, Flixster, Toy Camera, Voice Notes, Zippo Lighter, Night Stand, Pandora (my Fav), Google Earth...

Just DL iPhone Software Update (2.2)... Takes 45 min.

Hey Eli,

I wonder when the new 3.0 OS comes out? Does anyone know when it will be released?

Bill

Chacha
April 14th, 2009, 00:36
Hey Bill,

March 17th was the date Apple unveiled details about iPhone OS3.0...... http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/0903lajkszg/event/index.html

Lazerbrainz2k3
April 14th, 2009, 17:56
I just got my iPhone last week, and I'm still in love.

I have:

AOL IM (hey, it's my generation's thing, okay? ;) )
America Lite
AOL Radio (very useful at work!)
Clinometer
Facebook (hey, it's my generation's thing, okay?)
FileAid (FINALLY a drag-and-drop file transfer program!)
FlightPlan (E-6-B plus METARS app)
Google Earth
MotionX GPS (not quite turn-by-turn yet, but still pretty good)
iConvert
Myspace (hey, it's my generation's thing, okay?)
Quick Graph (sure beats my TI-89 for 3D graphing!)
SkyCharts (very cool sectional chart app, with updates too)
StarMap (astronomy app)
World Facts (like CIA World Factbook)
MLB At Bat
CarbFinder (a diabetic's best friend!)
Diagnostic PADD (Star Trek thingy)
DDice Game
Famous Documents/Speeches
iPint
iSeismo (actually pretty neat)
The Weather Channel app
Wikiamo Wikipedia app
X-Plane
X-Plane Extreme

Very cool indeed.

Wittpilot
April 14th, 2009, 18:16
Hey Lazerbrain, is that File-Aid App for dragging and dropping files from your pc into your iPhone?

I wanted to bring up one thing about the iPhone that I am not too particularly fond of... and that is the syncing with itunes that you have to do... and when you have two iPhones, one main computer... it can be a real boar to do... I hate that you have to make sure to sync all the same photo ablums every time, or else you delete the pictures off of your iPhone.... I basically don't like itunes is the problem. I just think for a company that is suppose to value itsself on simplicity, I think it is a little confusing to do....

Anybody else have this issue?

-witt

Lionheart
April 15th, 2009, 02:00
Hey Lazerbrain, is that File-Aid App for dragging and dropping files from your pc into your iPhone?

I wanted to bring up one thing about the iPhone that I am not too particularly fond of... and that is the syncing with itunes that you have to do... and when you have two iPhones, one main computer... it can be a real boar to do... I hate that you have to make sure to sync all the same photo ablums every time, or else you delete the pictures off of your iPhone.... I basically don't like itunes is the problem. I just think for a company that is suppose to value itsself on simplicity, I think it is a little confusing to do....

Anybody else have this issue?

-witt

I am ok with iTunes. But I did have issues with syncing when in Windows mode. You can only have 5 computers that are linkable friendly. Well, 2 of those were with my iMac in Mac mode and Windows mode. When I installed a 1TB HD, it says I have two new computers. So now thats 4. And I had another computer it was on, so thats the limit, 5, lol..

I was able to get things back to working proper with the new 1TB drive and I still have to select 'Do Not Sync' files in the Windows side with syncing the iPod Touch. But its working. Thats what I need.

It would be nice to have seperate adjustments for each iPod and iPhone. What if a family is using one computer for all iPods and iPhones! Surely there is a way around this... Oh, you sign in on iTunes.. You could create a secondary account for it and then use the secondary iPhone or iPod for that secondary account, such as for your Wife, for instance.

I use to hang out in the Apple forums. I was always offering advice to them when I found something I felt could be improved. For instance, I was telling them that they should go to the 1TB hard drives on their iMacs. If they rule in the MP3 industry with such things as 60 gig iPods, why only have 320 gigs on a futuristic, ultra sleek computer? They now have iMacs with stock 1TB drives. :d

Bill

Falcon10
April 15th, 2009, 12:09
135 is my best.

Lionheart
April 15th, 2009, 13:03
Ok Falcon..

Whats the cheat for it! lol... No way.. Goodness! Johnny Nuemonic!

Bill

Falcon10
April 15th, 2009, 14:16
Just like the real world left and right 360's, 270's, extend downwind, fast guys first, put the airplanes where there aren't any other airplanes. I'm not sayings it easy cause my average score is about 75ish.

Chacha
April 15th, 2009, 14:49
I cant get past 50's.... My daughter (she's 8) can beat me on this, her high score is about 110+ how do you do that?

On iTunes, I choose Do not to sync as well. I have an iPhone and an iPod touch and I seem to manage the two using one computer the iMac. My only concern is that when i dont like the apps i downloaded, I cannot delete it unless I sync it. Maybe they will find a friendly solution on this before I max the capacity of my iPhone and iPod. :amen:

:focus: Eli :typing:

Cratermaker
April 15th, 2009, 15:34
My only concern is that when i dont like the apps i downloaded, I cannot delete it unless I sync it. Maybe they will find a friendly solution on this before I max the capacity of my iPhone and iPod.
You can delete an app from the iPod touch. Tap and hold the app until they all "quiver". Then hit the little x in the corner of the app icon. It should ask you to confirm the deletion, then do it. If you haven't backed it up to your PC though, you've lost it and won't get it back.

My High Score is up to 86...

Also, I swear you could set up iTunes to sync only the stuff you want for a particular device.

Chacha
April 15th, 2009, 16:26
Thanks Cratermaker! I learn new things everyday!

Lionheart
April 15th, 2009, 19:41
Thanks Crater,

Good to know.

:rapture: <--- Number One, one to beam up

Bill

Silver Fox
April 15th, 2009, 19:55
My best is 83... seem to run into a wall right about then.

Cratermaker
June 3rd, 2009, 03:50
New version! 2 new air fields, different planes! Free update of course.

I immediately embarrassed myself with a score of one with the aircraft carrier, but got a 50 first time with the seaport.

Wittpilot
June 3rd, 2009, 13:40
seaport...well heck that should be easy... the "water water everywhere....."

Lionheart
June 3rd, 2009, 15:12
Very cool! Thanks for the heads up CM!

Yep, Seaports should be very easy.

Bill