PDA

View Full Version : 'Marmite Banned From Schools! - Say It Isn't So!..'

Panther_99FS
October 13th, 2008, 10:59
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3043621.html?menu=

djscoo
October 13th, 2008, 12:40
Pontrhydfendigaid Primary School in West Wales...I know it has nothing to do with the story, but what a name! :isadizzy:

stiz
October 13th, 2008, 12:58
next step is to get it banned in school nationwide, then from supermarkets .. after that .. the world!!!!!!!!!

its horrid stuff! :barf:

Panther_99FS
October 13th, 2008, 13:05
next step is to get it banned in school nationwide, then from supermarkets .. after that .. the world!!!!!!!!!

its horrid stuff! :barf:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Navy Chief
October 13th, 2008, 13:09
Never heard of it!

But I remember the awful peanut butter and honey sandwiches they served in the cafeterias. They always looked like the cooks had sat on them. Ecch!

NC

OBIO
October 13th, 2008, 14:17
Maybe they should replace it with some good ol Vegemite from Australia. Yeast and toe nail clippings mixed together. At least that is what it tasted like to me the one time I had the misfortune of eating some of it.....a missionary from Australia visited our church and brought several jars of it for us to "enjoy"....I was the only one dumb enough to give it a try.

OBIO

Trans_23
October 13th, 2008, 14:22
Glad to hear that the United States aren't the only ones with the nutballs running the schools. Do they do the "zero tolerance" thing in Europe also? Here is the US, they suspend kids for drawing a picture of a knife. :censored:

Panther_99FS
October 13th, 2008, 14:32
Maybe they should replace it with some good ol Vegemite from Australia. Yeast and toe nail clippings mixed together. At least that is what it tasted like to me the one time I had the misfortune of eating some of it.....a missionary from Australia visited our church and brought several jars of it for us to "enjoy"....I was the only one dumb enough to give it a try.

OBIO

:costumes::icon_lol::d

demorier
October 13th, 2008, 17:44
I don't know why they would consider banning the Marmite...not that much bad stuff in it. Depends what you get used to eating as a kid I suppose. Most Australian kids have some Vegemite just after the mothers milk period, so we are used to it. Got a somewhat similar taste to marmite, but stangely many australians don't like it much, It's other cousin Promite is also similar.

hewman100
October 14th, 2008, 03:25
I take it you're one of the 'hate it' camp stiz. In line with current guidelines stating that a balanced view must given (no sorry, that's the BBC:d). Anyway I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!:costumes:

Wozza
October 14th, 2008, 06:05
+1 for Vegemite love it :) Started when my mum use to dip my teething rusks in it.
then as a kid it was the preferred lunch sandwich,as an adult 2 slices of cold toast with Vegemite + a hot coffee is the only way to start the day;) then redbacks for a late night snack
Wozza

Cloud9Gal
October 14th, 2008, 06:49
Never heard of it!

But I remember the awful peanut butter and honey sandwiches they served in the cafeterias. They always looked like the cooks had sat on them. Ecch!

NC

:costumes: ROFL! I busted out laughing when I read this NC. I can only imagine.....yuck! :barf:

Snuffy
October 14th, 2008, 09:57
And I remember the surplus cheese (cheddar or American) that Mom use to buy in quantity.

If it wasn't for grilled cheese sandwiches and hot dogs I might not have survived my childhood. :redf:

Gizmokev
October 14th, 2008, 11:45
My 2 kids insist on Marmite and toast for breakfast.

Myself I cannot stand the stuff but then again of an ocacasion I have been known to enjoy a marmite sandwich....:isadizzy:

Rami
October 14th, 2008, 13:38

OBIO

Yes, but then we'd have to teach them that song from 'Men at Work'..."I come from a land down under." :d

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew

That guy had a shifty eye which really creeped me out. :icon_eek:

mrogers
October 14th, 2008, 21:43
whats wrong with marmite? I have it on toast some mornings! But banning it is a bit over the top..they may as well ban peanut butter too because I hate that stuff!! Yuk!

Sean Doran
October 15th, 2008, 06:55
Marmite is fantastic, I can live on it along with my Black puddings:running::running:

Collin
October 15th, 2008, 10:26
Marmite sarnies or marmite and marmalade sandwiches was a staple breakfast for me as a kid.
You can mix it in your gravy to give it a bit more oomph. :jump:

Of course nowt can be worse then the old British Rail cheese sandwich. Always at least 3 days old, curling up on the edges, bread as tough as hard tack. Getting rid of it was the only good thing about de-nationalisation. What was left was used as grapeshot in some foreign war I think.:costumes:

regards Collin:ernae::ernae:

stiz
October 15th, 2008, 11:05

i can read the dead man on the sofa in the kitchen story without flinching whilst eating dinner ... but reading that has just put me right off!!!! :barf: :isadizzy:

Sean Doran
October 15th, 2008, 13:10

:ernae::ernae:

Oh yes, FANTASTIC:running::running:

Kofschip
October 15th, 2008, 13:38
I prefer Maggi :d