PDA

View Full Version : Ferocious Frankie Needs Help!

lilduckfoot2
April 12th, 2009, 09:26
VERY early WIP of Ferocious Frankie. I can't seem to find color data for the yellow nose of the 361st. This is an attempt at "eyeballing" it. Does anyone have any color data, ie RGB, FS, etc. This yelleo looks too brite to me.

What say yee?

Thanks
LDF

PS. Don't mind the red. My PC hates red!! It looks fine in the sim.

Quicksand
April 12th, 2009, 09:33
Lookin good, LDF! :applause:I'll have to let the resident painters help you with the colors, though.

Odie
April 12th, 2009, 10:58
LDF, I agree with you on the yellow....it appears almost "neon". Maybe a more mustard yellow is closer.

However, overall, it looks great !

Cazzie
April 12th, 2009, 12:11
The yellow is a bit too pastel light, but otherwise, she's a winner.

What has been called Insignia Yellow was most predominately used for markings. It's HEX color code is EFA400 for Photoshop or PSP or point your eyedropper below.

lilduckfoot2
April 13th, 2009, 07:55
Yep, agree, agree, agree!

Thanks for the color chip, Cazzie.

I think I've hit on a color that works. I looked a several different 361st textures of various models from various skinners, and all the yellows are very close to one another. They make make my eyeballs seem like I see through neon lenses!! LOL!

I'll post a screen shot later.

LDF :wave:

Ascua02
April 13th, 2009, 10:05
In case it happens again, my suggestion is to look in the paint swatches at Simmers Paint Shop, not only you have the colors in there cataloged by the color system you want, but also the correct "mixture" to create them in PSP.

Good luck!! :wavey:

lilduckfoot2
April 13th, 2009, 11:57
In case it happens again, my suggestion is to look in the paint swatches at Simmers Paint Shop, not only you have the colors in there cataloged by the color system you want, but also the correct "mixture" to create them in PSP.

Good luck!! :wavey:

Thanks, Ascua02. You are absolutely correct. Simmers Paint Shop is a great resource. I use their color and other references regularly. Unfortunately there are no specifc references for Group/Squadron colors. RAF Loke who is responsible for quite a few of those references posted some 8th AAF bomber squadron markings a few weeks back, but nothing on USAAF fighters...yet.

jankees
April 13th, 2009, 13:15
I use ID yellow, RGB 255/183/0

I'd actually forgotten about this model, wonder if we'll ever see a FSX version?

lilduckfoot2
April 13th, 2009, 13:47
I use ID yellow, RGB 255/183/0

Hi jankees ~

Thanks for the response. I actually took a look at a couple of your Yellow Nosers along with a few others I have in my hangar and let my color picker do the walkin'! Don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with. I guess I was looking at the trees when I should have been looking for the forest!

I'd actually forgotten about this model, wonder if we'll ever see a FSX version?

It's been awfully quiet over there. I check in from time to time to see it anything's new.

Cheers,

WarHorse47
April 15th, 2009, 18:12
Nice looking, LDF. I keep checking back to see how its coming along. Got any more screenies?? :wavey:

--WH

lilduckfoot2
April 15th, 2009, 18:40
Hey WH ~

Just so happens...

But it still has a ways to go. Still have the wings, tail number, and Frankie was pretty weathered looking, and that's going to be the trick for me, not to over do it.

83481 83482

WarHorse47
April 25th, 2009, 08:39
Hey, LDF.

Got a progress report on FF?

Not sure how you can upload with the current status of the server.

Thanks

--WH

lilduckfoot2
April 25th, 2009, 11:07
Hey WH ~ Got one WIP shot of FF. It still has a long way to go. There's definitely a knack for weathering that I don't quite have yet so there's a lot of "doing and re-doing." One nice difference between CG and plastic is that CG is a lot more forgiving than plastic! There's no back button on the airbrush spraying REAL paint!

Doesn't look like anyone's uploaded anything for about a week. I figure Ickie and crew will let us know when we're back to normal. So, I'll keep plugging away at Frankie til I get her to where I won't be too embarrassed to upload her.

Mean while I have Miss Dallas waiting to be uploaded when we get the green light.

Thanks for asking, WH.

LDF

PS - I can't seem to upload my screenshots so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it!!! :monkies:

Odie
April 25th, 2009, 17:23
Hey LDF, thanks for the update ! Looking forward to the new ponies when SOH gets back to 100 percent...:ernae:

WarHorse47
April 25th, 2009, 17:32
Thanks for the update, LDF.

As always, I'm looking forward to the latest. :ernae:

--WH

WarHorse47
May 1st, 2009, 14:33
Hey, LDF. Looks like the download page is back on line. Are we gettiing close?? :monkies:

--WH

lilduckfoot2
May 1st, 2009, 15:00
Hey WH,

Wish that were true for me! I tried earlier. I still can't upload pics or files. I can download some files but not all. They'll get it figured out eventually. So, I'm just patiently waiting for the announcement that we're back to 100%.

FF is about 98% complete. I'm still chasing 1 texture that I'm trying to get properly aligned. I'm satisfied with the weathering, which, along with the alpha channels, took me longer that the rest of the repaint chores combined.

LDF

WarHorse47
May 1st, 2009, 15:54
Hey, LDF.

Thanks for the update. Guess I'll just have to wait... and wait...and wait. Just kidding.

I'm sure things will get straightened out in time. :running:

--WH