PDA

View Full Version : Breda 308,HU...

Motormouse
April 12th, 2009, 07:51
over at flightsim

FS2004/FSX Breda Zappata 308. Called the Italian Constellation, the B.Z. 308 was a large low-wing monoplane of all-metal construction. The fuselage had an oval cross-section. It had a large tailplane with endplate fins and rudders, retractable landing gear. Powered by four Bristol Centaurus radial engines driving five-bladded propellers, it was designed for a flight crew of five, and 55 passengers in two cabins, a high-density model was planned with seats for 80. Although flight testing went well, financial problems and the realisation that competition from American-built airliners would take a major share of the post-war airliner market, along with the pressures to close down the Aeronautical section of the Breda, led to the project being abandoned. Two liveries are provided, one Italian Air Force and one factory paint. This model features reflective metallic skin and full animations. The panel background has been created modifying the default DC3 panel, and it is not intended to reproduce the real panel, due to lack of documentation about it. Some gauges are default gauges and some have been created by the authors. Included in this model there is also a simple virtual cockpit, with working essential flight instruments and animated flight controls. By Italo D'Attomo and Giovanni Quai.

I hadn't heard of it either!!!
Not tried it yet so can't comment.

ttfn

Pete

srgalahad
April 12th, 2009, 10:51
I've been flying it for a week or so. A bit quirky on the trim but otherwise a nice model. Fast (Ferrari, eh?) easy to fly, needs to have good Centaurus sounds added. For freeware and a rare a/c.... pretty nice.

mvg3d
April 13th, 2009, 07:00
Hi Friends,
Only a BZ.308 was built.
I tested the a/c and it seems to fly good, but the texturing, expecially of the AM version are completely WRONG.
:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::censored::cen sored::censored::censored: