PDA

View Full Version : FSX SP1 help

tfox
April 11th, 2009, 15:43
I have had FSX since it first came out with no problems. Two weeks ago I started getting error messages and things just kept getting worse. I finally uninstalled fsx and reinstalled it. I tried to install sp1 and got an error message "sp1 did not install" contact microsoft support.
Four Hrs. later I was told I would Just have to run fsx without sp1. Does any one have any suggestions on how to correct this problem.

harleyman
April 11th, 2009, 15:46
ReDownload SP1..Toss out the old one then..Uninstall SP1 if you can as its corrupted it appears..that might mean a reinstall of FSX.

tfox
April 12th, 2009, 09:10
Tried that still won't install.
With all the uninstall and installing I have done in the last two days I have completely forgot about the SDK
I don't think SP1 will install without it will it?

abrussell
April 12th, 2009, 09:32
I can appreciate your frustration. I once spent several days trying ,unsuccesfully ,to install a flatbed scanner ,only to find out that a previous installation had left one item behind in the registry which prevented the new install.
There is a freeware program called Revo Uninstaller which IMHO everyone should use. It not only uninstalls the application but searches out all the leftover registry entries and folders for deletion.
Bruce

Panther_99FS
April 12th, 2009, 09:35
Try the following:

1) Uninstall SP1 & FSX completely & then delete the remaining empty folders.
2) Defrag your HD
3) Reboot
4) Install FSX
5) Defrag
6) Start FSX ONE TIME
7) Reboot
8) Install SP1
9) Defrag
10) Reboot
11) Start FSX