PDA

View Full Version : Reverse doppler effects?

oakfloor
April 11th, 2009, 13:53
I just got my new dell, and when watching a fly by the doppler effect is backward..Anyone have a thought on how to fix this? Thanks

heywooood
April 11th, 2009, 18:34
lots of views but no replies as yet....?

Well I'll take a run at it.

First - do your other audio files and games playback and sound proper?

check all your speaker connections and then look at your audio interface..is it onboard sound or a soundcard?

Regardless - there is a settings screen GUI for it...look at it carefully and make sure all the right boxes are ticked and sliders are slid

Now look at the settings in FSX GUI...the audio selections - just tick 'default settings' first...if that doesn't work then try getting more selective - enter your device and whatnot to see if that makes any difference.

Have you done any tweaking in your FSX.cfg? - maybe you altered something unintentionally? If you have you can just delete the FSX.cfg and then run FSX - it will generate a new one and then you can see if that takes care of the reverse doppler effect - then you can 'carefully' reconfigure it with your tweaks.

Good luck

djscoo
April 11th, 2009, 18:56
Actually I think this is a known issue, I remember a thread a while back about it. Does this occur in all aircraft?

heywooood
April 11th, 2009, 19:59
a known issue - really...I gotta say this is the first I've heard that, but then I don't get out much.

Dude - you got a Dell - now stay in the 'pit - no flybys for you

oakfloor
April 11th, 2009, 22:16
lots of views but no replies as yet....?

Well I'll take a run at it.

First - do your other audio files and games playback and sound proper?

check all your speaker connections and then look at your audio interface..is it onboard sound or a soundcard?

Regardless - there is a settings screen GUI for it...look at it carefully and make sure all the right boxes are ticked and sliders are slid

Now look at the settings in FSX GUI...the audio selections - just tick 'default settings' first...if that doesn't work then try getting more selective - enter your device and whatnot to see if that makes any difference.

Have you done any tweaking in your FSX.cfg? - maybe you altered something unintentionally? If you have you can just delete the FSX.cfg and then run FSX - it will generate a new one and then you can see if that takes care of the reverse doppler effect - then you can 'carefully' reconfigure it with your tweaks.

Good luckMy comp came with a multi channel sound card, all connected right, yes all other sounds work fine. its an old FSX deluxe install on a new comp. No tweaks save for the SP-1, and that made no differnce. Dell on line support tweaked the FSX sound and the realtek sound panel, I also tried the sim outhouse search and got everything else but what im looking for. Shure is fun to hear the spit flying by "backwards"..maybe theres hidden messages?

tk421
December 19th, 2010, 15:42
Found this issue answered on a train sim forum and the fix worked for me. (It appears to be an issue with Real Tek Audio.)

The fix is to run dxdiag.exe (located in Windows/System32 folder on my system) and on the Sound page change from full acceleration to basic acceleration by dragging the slider to the left.

Hope this helps.