PDA

View Full Version : What is close to it's release date?

SirBenn21
April 11th, 2009, 02:45
I'm looking forward to SibWings "Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog"

I was just wondering what is close to it's release date, that you all are looking forward too.

:jump:

Ben

stiz
April 11th, 2009, 02:56
Aeronca 7AC champ, sometime in the next 3 weeks .. but dont tell anyone! :173go1: :monkies:

warbird861
April 11th, 2009, 03:06
Depends what you think is close, but Aerosoft Catalina shouldn't be too far away.

gajit
April 11th, 2009, 04:04
Im hoping we might see the Alphasim Albatross or Islander :wiggle:

gajit
April 11th, 2009, 04:05
Aeronca 7AC champ, sometime in the next 3 weeks .. but dont tell anyone! :173go1: :monkies:

Hi Stiz - whos doing that one?

stiz
April 11th, 2009, 04:13
I am :wave:

pointy31
April 11th, 2009, 04:17
Aeronca Champ, you got any screenies for us to drool over...:ernae:

cheezyflier
April 11th, 2009, 05:25
the only additions i would like to make to my hangar at this point would be a turbo connie for fsx, a 337, a stearman, and a huey. now that i have carenado stuff and the kodiak, i'm set pretty well:applause:

BOOM
April 11th, 2009, 05:57
I don't know what's close,but here's what I'm hoping for:

Eaglesoft CitationX 2.0 FSX
FSD Lockheed JetStar
PMDG 737NG FSX
Eaglesoft CJ+ FSX
Alphasim C-17 Globemaster
PMDG J41
Level-D 757
Milviz/A2A,F4U

Odie
April 11th, 2009, 06:19
Bomber's FSX ponies......
and the FSX F8F Bearcat....:woot:

yago9
April 11th, 2009, 06:21
CaptainSim B-52

ColoKent
April 11th, 2009, 06:21
...Albatross!!!!!

pointy31
April 11th, 2009, 06:56
LilSki's Champs and L-16B...:ernae:

bluediamond
April 11th, 2009, 07:04
Tongass Fjords X

Michael

SpaceWeevil
April 11th, 2009, 07:28
The Warbirdsim mustangs (now in the final final final FINAL phase of testing?) and a paintkit for the Carenado Cessna 172.

Cazzie
April 11th, 2009, 07:33

:applause::applause::applause:

Ian Warren
April 11th, 2009, 07:51
CaptainSim B-52

Now.. this is the one i'm waiting for .. little chance to see one in the NZ , 88 three pass's and all the way from Guam ..... Boeing :whistle:

b52bob
April 11th, 2009, 09:37
CaptainSim B-52

Me also...just wish they would do some cold war versions of the D, G, and H

Bob

Barvan40
April 11th, 2009, 10:26
Warbirdsim Mustangs
A2A WOP-III P-51D Mustang with Accusim
Aerosoft Catalina

IanHenry
April 11th, 2009, 10:36
Ground Environment Europe, it looks stunning.
http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=26352&PN=12 (http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=26352&PN=12)
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Ian.

warbird861
April 11th, 2009, 13:07
Alphasim C-17 Globemaster

Are they still doing it?

BladeLWS
April 11th, 2009, 13:08
CaptainSim B-52

And if all goes well we should have it by 2015 :woot:

BOOM
April 11th, 2009, 14:45
Are they still doing it?

I believe[hope so]so,it's still on their website product page.

tigisfat
April 11th, 2009, 16:50
Are they still doing it?

The Alphasim C-17 was 'close to release' over a year ago. They say they are still doing it, but new products get announced and then released from them all the time. I got sternly scolded for suggesting it was on the backburner a while back, but now it appears that I was right. There's been like 5 releases since it was supposed to be next in line, and several key C-17 people left. It looks like it's on the backburner, and has been for quite some time. Don't be surprised if it never makes it out, or takes another year.

tigisfat
April 11th, 2009, 16:51
CaptainSim B-52

Do you have any insider information? Are you just guessing or do you know that it will be out soon?

d0mokun
April 11th, 2009, 17:29
I got sternly scolded for suggesting it was on the backburner a while back, but now it appears that I was right.

Let's dance again!

No, you're not right. Nothing has changed since last week when we went over this for the n'th time. Pierre is painting it, and other work is in limbo until the paints are done.

EDIT- it's unfortunate but we all have to wait. I've put countless hours in, Michael has put endless hours in, Shane, Pierre, Ernie- the whole group- so it just grates nerves when the regular statements are ignored. At some point it'll become AS's duty to get it out, not the team's- then we can all discuss if it's in stasis or not.

But to get back on track, the C-17 is not near its release date, sorry guys.

I'm looking forward to the Bird Dawg.

Javis
April 11th, 2009, 18:58
Ground Environment Europe, it looks stunning.
http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=26352&PN=12 (http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=26352&PN=12)
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Ian.

Thanks for the link,Ian, looks stunning indeed. I do wish someone would finally do proper texturing for the white cliffs of Dover ( and further down the line and French side of the Channel as well ) instead of the unappealing whizzy-whazzy stuff we see here in GEX Europe again. The 'X' doesn't work so well here.... looks more like FS2K or FS98 even...

These are major and mythical landmarks, why does it take so long for the scenery design department to finally recognize that ! :

83124 83125

So I'll be waiting for proper White Cliffs of Dover ( and beyond) and the Albatross to check 'em out !

cheers,
jan

ColoKent
April 11th, 2009, 19:05
...the Albatross will be the perfect Air/Sea Rescue companion to the Section 8 F-86s....all we need next to get into that -mid-50s to early 60s AF world is a GREAT T-33. Love Tim Conrad's, but it's getting long in the tooth.

I tell ya...with the F-86, the HU-16, and the T-33....wow.

Kent

CG_1976
April 11th, 2009, 19:15
Hum whats a good bomber from the mid 50's 60's era?

heywooood
April 11th, 2009, 19:56
Thanks for the link,Ian, looks stunning indeed. I do wish someone would finally do proper texturing for the white cliffs of Dover ( and further down the line and French side of the Channel as well ) instead of the unappealing whizzy-whazzy stuff we see here in GEX Europe again. The 'X' doesn't work so well here.... looks more like FS2K or FS98 even...

These are major and mythical landmarks, why does it take so long for the scenery design department to finally recognize that ! :

83124 83125

So I'll be waiting for proper White Cliffs of Dover ( and beyond) and the Albatross to check 'em out !

cheers,
jan

I can't agree more- it seems so unlikely that the Cliffs have to date been such a dissapointment in flight simulators...

Even the early renders from 1c Maddox Games impending Storm of War : Battle of Britain look less than acceptable...they are early renders yet though so there is still some hope.

But to have FSX calibre Spits and Hurri's and no decent Dover to fly past is more than a shame - it is by now a friggin' crime

Javis
April 11th, 2009, 20:03
...the Albatross will be the perfect Air/Sea Rescue companion to the Section 8 F-86s....

Well, speaking of that and white cliffs of Dover...

Just finishing up the Canadair RAF Sabre.. it will be driven by a properly suited RAF old chappy, happy to buzz those realistic looking white cliffs !

83127 83126

(still WIP )

cheers,
Jan :typing:

yago9
April 11th, 2009, 21:51
Do you have any insider information? Are you just guessing or do you know that it will be out soon?

Define soon...pls ! From what I noticed lately in the FSX world, soon means something a bit under two years..Imminent release ,about 6 month or more. I even quit smoking with the hope I could fly AS Jaguar someday.

tigisfat
April 11th, 2009, 21:58
Let's dance again!

No, you're not right. Nothing has changed since last week when we went over this for the n'th time. Pierre is painting it, and other work is in limbo until the paints are done.

That's pretty much exactly what I meant when I said I assumed the C-17 was on the backburner. Parts of the work are on hold, and other releases are coming out. Am I really that wrong? I'm not trying to offend anyone, and 'backburner' isn't such a negative word.

"there's been a misunderstanding, you're in the wrong house!!"

"Dave, my wife tells me there's a block in your toilet"

But to get back on track, the C-17 is not near its release date, sorry guys.

I can only hope it'll be as good as the Albatross looks.

d0mokun
April 11th, 2009, 22:56
:friday:

tigisfat
April 11th, 2009, 23:00
Define soon...pls ! From what I noticed lately in the FSX world, soon means something a bit under two years..Imminent release ,about 6 month or more. I even quit smoking with the hope I could fly AS Jaguar someday.

that can't be too far off. There sure are some nice pics of it over at their unofficial website.

MenendezDiego
April 11th, 2009, 23:02
you talking about these?

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/

unofficial website?

tigisfat
April 11th, 2009, 23:21
you talking about these?

http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/

unofficial website?

Yes, those are the pics of the Captainsim B-52 we referred too.

When I mentioned an unnofficial website, I was referring to Alphasim's Jaguar. Alphasim has an unnofficial but endorsed website where you can occasionally find previews first.

Francois
April 12th, 2009, 00:06
I can't agree more- it seems so unlikely that the Cliffs have to date been such a dissapointment in flight simulators...

Even the early renders from 1c Maddox Games impending Storm of War : Battle of Britain look less than acceptable...they are early renders yet though so there is still some hope.

But to have FSX calibre Spits and Hurri's and no decent Dover to fly past is more than a shame - it is by now a friggin' crime

We need the cliffs for our Lysander too :jump:

empeck
April 12th, 2009, 00:17

83124 83125

cheers,
jan

Cliffs of Dover in BoB2WoV and in CFS3: ETO Expansion looks nice :)

warbird861
April 12th, 2009, 00:29

I know Mathijs said that Aerosoft Catalina is out before May, so that is soon for me.

ColoKent
April 12th, 2009, 05:51
...we'll see if it happens before May. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised. This stuff (add-on aircraft, scenery, whatever) follows the typical software pattern that happens in industry-- every delivery projection is just a guess...plus they have to test it (to avoid being like MS-- who releases sh&t, then expects us all to live with it). So they never know when it's going to be released.

The additional variable in FS that torques me is that apparently, designers are constantly "redirected" in the middle of one project to go off and work something else. That costs delays for the airplanes the mainstream wants.

All we can do is wait breathlessly for the airplanes we want to finally pop out the hangar door-- hopefully the wait builds character!

K.

michael davies
April 12th, 2009, 07:39
I'm finally going to climb off the fence on this, I have severe personal doubts the C-17 will ever see the light of day, no doubt this statement will illicit caustic rhetorics, but I'll take them on the chin and stand by my word.

More annoying is that the persistent delays are making the model older day by day, soon, and that means 'soon' in the real context not the FS context, it'll be too old and need reworking to bring it up to what people expect and wish to pay for. Due to its complexity a simple smooth and up poly grade wont do, it'll need to be new from the ground up with todays technology. Many AS models stand the test of time very well once released, sadly the C-17 appears to be eroding on the shelf.

I appreciate Dan fighting a rear guard action but stoic as his actions are its becoming clear that they are proving futile, on Tuesday he retires and the realist in me figures that in a short while his new ventures will take more and more of his time, rightly so.

Dan is also an 'employee' something none of us others are, and as such has to read from the script, so don't be too hard on the guy, he's only doing what I'd been tasked with doing for years until he took over and its an ugly job.

To be fair, its one thing to cut your losses, and move on from personal ventures where you have full control and zero impact on others, but to have commissioned work stalled or cancelled after a lot of input takes some stomach. That being said I'm beyond caring who's at fault on the C-17, that chapter is closed, time to move on.

Kindest

Michael

The Alphasim C-17 was 'close to release' over a year ago. They say they are still doing it, but new products get announced and then released from them all the time. I got sternly scolded for suggesting it was on the backburner a while back, but now it appears that I was right. There's been like 5 releases since it was supposed to be next in line, and several key C-17 people left. It looks like it's on the backburner, and has been for quite some time. Don't be surprised if it never makes it out, or takes another year.

BOOM
April 12th, 2009, 07:59
Wow!! Michael,that's a huge bummer,I'm sure the talented people who worked on it are disheartened by these delays,I would think this aircraft would be a big money maker for AS just judging by it's popularity,I would think it would be a main priority for them.

ColoKent
April 12th, 2009, 08:15
...there's no arguing that there certainly is an undercurrent of feeling on this topic, and I agree that guys like Dan are stuck in the middle. Thanks Dan for giving us some visibility into what would I believe would otherwise be invisible until the day of release.

Kent

michael davies
April 12th, 2009, 08:17
You'd think so, but I haven't seen anything yet to prove otherwise, as has been already noted, the C-17 has been by passed by other projects.

I'd like also to re-iterate, its just my view, nothing official or leaked, just my gut view sat watching from the side lines, I'd love to be proved wrong and I'm sure there wil be comments to keep the fires alight.

Sadly I'm not buying into them any more, the issue is totally beyond my and many others control. To be fair many projects stall and never get over the line, people leave, ideas change, it wouldn't be the first time it's happened, at least three others got the axe recently I hear.

Kindest

Michael

Wow!! Michael,that's a huge bummer,I'm sure the talented people who worked on it are disheartened by these delays,I would think this aircraft would be a big money maker for AS just judging by it's popularity,I would think it would be a main priority for them.

michael davies
April 12th, 2009, 08:21
Sadly, Alphasim does bring that ability to the fore in many people :).

Best

Michael

...there's no arguing that there certainly is an undercurrent of feeling on this topic, and I agree that guys like Dan are stuck in the middle. Thanks Dan for giving us some visibility into what would I believe would otherwise be invisible until the day of release.

Kent

gajit
April 12th, 2009, 08:23

Kent

Well said :applause::applause::applause:

and lets all hope that Dan's talents find a new home fast so that we can look forward to some top quality products. :jump:

Kiwikat
April 12th, 2009, 09:14
and lets all hope that Dan's talents find a new home fast so that we can look forward to some top quality products. :jump:

Hmmm...

:kiss:

:wave:

Bjoern
April 12th, 2009, 17:20
A freeware Dornier 328-1x0 from me.

...fat chance... ;P

GT182
April 12th, 2009, 18:03
I'd like to see a proper F4U Corsair for FSX.

CodyValkyrie
April 13th, 2009, 10:46
I'd like to see a proper F4U Corsair for FSX.
You mean like the one A2A is working on?

MCDesigns
April 13th, 2009, 11:02
You mean like the one A2A is working on?

You mean the Milviz F4u Corsair that A2A is publishing or has something changed? Looking forward to that one as well!

Kiwikat
April 13th, 2009, 11:05
You mean the Milviz F4u Corsair that A2A is publishing or has something changed? Looking forward to that one as well!

Yeah we need to be careful to make that distinction... there IS definitely a difference... :kilroy:

cheezyflier
April 13th, 2009, 12:51
i suppose the dodosim huey is not close to being done? i couldn't find anything on their site to indicate otherwise. does anyone know?
after visiting the site i am getting the impression it won't be for fsx anyhow, but fs9. is that right?

euroastar350
April 13th, 2009, 13:18
i suppose the dodosim huey is not close to being done? i couldn't find anything on their site to indicate otherwise. does anyone know?
after visiting the site i am getting the impression it won't be for fsx anyhow, but fs9. is that right?

Dodosim Huey is still being worked and will be released after they release the FSX Advanced 206 JetRanger. I'm not an offical spokesperson nor endorsed by them, I just read what is posted on the forums:wiggle:

cheezyflier
April 14th, 2009, 07:37
i did some looking around, and i don't see a mooney acclaim anywhere other than the hot rodded default bravo.
anyone know of one? i would have thought with all the hoopla there would be one of these by now

Kiwikat
April 14th, 2009, 09:41
i did some looking around, and i don't see a mooney acclaim anywhere other than the hot rodded default bravo.
anyone know of one? i would have thought with all the hoopla there would be one of these by now

I agree, a newer mooney would be really cool. Carenado's 201 is an old version. We need an Ovation 3 with a glass cockpit :)

Naki
April 15th, 2009, 02:56
Im eagerly waiting for this http://vistaoz.org/smf/index.php?topic=3025.270 ....and the Sibwings Birddog

cheezyflier
April 15th, 2009, 05:37
can't see it without joining and signing in. how about posting a pic?

warbird861
April 15th, 2009, 07:40
Dodosim Huey is still being worked and will be released after they release the FSX Advanced 206 JetRanger. I'm not an offical spokesperson nor endorsed by them, I just read what is posted on the forums:wiggle:

Aerosoft is also making a huey, but that's long way away

cheezyflier
April 15th, 2009, 12:48
Aerosoft is also making a huey, but that's long way away

apparently they're both a long way off. the dodosim huey has been in progress for quite a long time.

empeck
April 15th, 2009, 12:58
Dodosim's 206 is on the RC1 stage, once it's released they are going to resume Huey developement. At least that's what I've read on hovercontrol forum.

cheezyflier
April 15th, 2009, 17:13
hovercontrol is where i first learned dodosim was doing a huey.
if i remember right, that was like, a year ago? (could be wrong, but sure seems like it). it just gets old when it seems to take forever.

Naki
April 15th, 2009, 18:14
can't see it without joining and signing in. how about posting a pic?

This (Victa Airtourer):

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/BETA2.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/BETA4.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/Naki_04/BETA9.jpg

Kiwikat
April 15th, 2009, 18:17
This (Victa Airtourer):

Is that freeware? :kilroy:

Naki
April 15th, 2009, 20:26
I understand it wil be payware

cheezyflier