PDA

View Full Version : whos helo is this?

Daveroo
October 13th, 2008, 09:59
got an email from a knowitall type who is insisting this MI24 is with an american unit in afganistan....hard for me to believe..ive seen these pics before aswell...but i dont remember when or where...anyone know the story behind them? or it?

Ferry_vO
October 13th, 2008, 10:00
The arrow on the tail is from the Hungarian airforce.

:)

Edit: some more here: http://lighthousepatriotjournal.wordpress.com/2006/08/26/myth-blaster-eagle-helicopter/

lefty
October 13th, 2008, 11:31
The arrow on the tail is from the Hungarian airforce.

Well noticed, Ferencz !

Piglet
October 13th, 2008, 17:31
First thing I noticed the first time those photos made the rounds.

pfflyers
October 14th, 2008, 16:55
Judging by some of the repaints I've downloaded over the years I'd say some military branches get quite creative with their commemoritive paintschemes. This is sure a beautiful example.

I'd like to see some do this one for Piglet's Hind.

Panther_99FS
October 14th, 2008, 17:02
got an email from a knowitall type who is insisting this MI24 is with an american unit in afganistan....

Ask him since when did US Forces start flying Russian MiL Hinds...:mixedsmi:

Mr. "Know It All" don't know squat...:d

AckAck
October 14th, 2008, 17:29
There are a couple in Nevada, aren't there? (at the Army Evaluation and Test Center)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Mi-24_Desert_Rescue.jpg

Brian

EDIT - yes, I know they aren't in service...

Ferry_vO
October 15th, 2008, 03:38
I'd like to see some do this one for Piglet's Hind.

Sebastian Hecker did just that! Look for 'eagle-mi.zip' at Flightsim.com.

:)

Daveroo
October 15th, 2008, 07:37
Ask him since when did US Forces start flying Russian MiL Hinds...:mixedsmi:

Mr. "Know It All" don't know squat...:d

i argue with this guy all the time panther..he swears that this hind is in service to this day and that its not the only one painted this way.

he also swears that the tuskegee airmen never left US shores,that its all a myth....

the enola gay,bockscar did not drop any bombs ,,the US army snuck in and set off a ground planted bombs

thats the kind of stuff i deal with

Panther_99FS
October 15th, 2008, 09:07
i argue with this guy all the time panther..he swears that this hind is in service to this day and that its not the only one painted this way.

he also swears that the tuskegee airmen never left US shores,that its all a myth....

the enola gay,bockscar did not drop any bombs ,,the US army snuck in and set off a ground planted bombs

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

AckAck
October 15th, 2008, 15:43
I imagine he knows where the soundstage is that they shot the moon landings on as well...:banghead:

Isn't that the one they converted for the movie Capricorn One? :costumes:

Brian

Trans_23
October 15th, 2008, 18:21

Could you ask him to say hello to Elvis for me?