PDA

View Full Version : Huckle de Buck

jankees
April 10th, 2009, 14:23
I've been away for a week, and the p-47 thread has disappeared to page 4, and no reactions to my last post
I guess I'll keep this one for myself then, and start painting something else..
about time too!

gajit
April 10th, 2009, 14:28
Wow - another masterpeice - tx for all you do for us:wavey:

Panther_99FS
April 10th, 2009, 16:31
Invasion stripes are always my favorites! :applause:

MCDesigns
April 10th, 2009, 17:20

Same here! Nice work Jan!

Nick C
April 10th, 2009, 22:59
Yup, I too like invasion stripes, nice work Jan.

IanP
April 11th, 2009, 02:14
I didn't ignore it either, I went off and looked for information on RAF Christchurch... Unfortunately it disappeared under a housing estate a long time ago so the 405th FG will have to live on someone else's base, sorry.

:focus:

Yet another excellent repaint!

jankees
April 14th, 2009, 00:25
Uploaded this morning, all comments will be appreciated!

tigisfat
April 14th, 2009, 06:09
This is the second post I've seen in not too long from a painter that feels jilted because of a lack of compliments. Compliments are nice and make you feel appreciated, but don't you feel a little immature making a 'compliment me or else' post? It's a beautiful paint, but c'mon.

Henry
April 14th, 2009, 06:20
This is the second post I've seen in not too long from a painter that feels jilted because of a lack of compliments. Compliments are nice and make you feel appreciated, but don't you feel a little immature making a 'compliment me or else' post? It's a beautiful paint, but c'mon.
I think you read too much,
Jan was just stating
if there is no interest he will not bother with uploading
I do not believe he feels Jilted at all
aint that true Jan:friday:
I have never had a bad paint From him
but i do not download every one
only the ones that i personally like
But he could do some mossies LOL:engel016:
H

jankees
April 14th, 2009, 07:51
:jump:
Compliments? Where am I asking for compliments?
It's comments I'm asking for. I paint aircraft for my own fun, I show them to you guys, and if I get no reactions, sometimes I don't upload them. Saves me the work.
After I have uploaded them, I will always appreciate comments, that is the only way to improve. If I see repaints by others with room for improvement, I comment on that. Ask Caz if his paintjobs improved, I know mine did because of some of his comments.

However, if you like somebody's work, doesn't hurt to leave a compliment, does it? On the other hand, calling somebody immature...now I feel jilted:jump:

IanHenry
April 14th, 2009, 08:39
Jan,
just keep them coming!:applause:

Ian

VCN-1
April 14th, 2009, 09:00
I am aware of a few texture artist that have posted images of different schemes that have been done for their enjoyment and if anyone shows an interest they will upload them after doing the appropriate readme, etc.

If you look at the A2A Razorback with Accusim forum there are more images of the P-47 than textures that have been uploaded.

As Jan said no interest less work to do for him and the others.

VCN-1

tigisfat
April 14th, 2009, 20:59
However, if you like somebody's work, doesn't hurt to leave a compliment, does it? I did say that it was a beautiful repaint.

On the other hand, calling somebody immature...now I feel jiltedActually, I asked if you felt immature.

Kiwikat
April 14th, 2009, 21:16

Yes, invasion stripes are cool, but I have yet to see someone do them properly. Invasion stripes were not perfect lines. They were painted by hand with brushes and rollers. Every time I've seen invasion stripes on FS planes they are always perfect. Look back at pictures of the original planes with stripes and they are far from perfect.

Just a thought :kilroy:

jankees
April 14th, 2009, 21:45
Yes, invasion stripes are cool, but I have yet to see someone do them properly. Invasion stripes were not perfect lines. They were painted by hand with brushes and rollers. Every time I've seen invasion stripes on FS planes they are always perfect. Look back at pictures of the original planes with stripes and they are far from perfect.

Just a thought :kilroy:

and a thought I have been playing with...look in detail, and you'll see ragged edges to the stripes. You may also note that in my last paints, the stripes have different widths and are in different locations. In most of the pics I have of stripes I see more or less straight lines, though I know of one P-51...
However, if you have pics of real ragged lines, bring them on and I'll see what I can do

SolarEagle
April 14th, 2009, 21:46
Superb image! I love it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=82990&d=1239402075

DaveQ
April 15th, 2009, 08:00
I didn't ignore it either, I went off and looked for information on RAF Christchurch... Unfortunately it disappeared under a housing estate a long time ago so the 405th FG will have to live on someone else's base, sorry.

:focus:

Yet another excellent repaint!

There's a FS9 scenery file for RAF Christchurch by Kit Yardley at Avsim
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=124892

He added some extra textures in a subsequent post
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=124951

It works very well in FS9 but isn't compatible with FSX (causes building crash and the objects don't display properly)

Another great paint Jankees!!

DaveQ

EgoR64
April 15th, 2009, 12:58
:friday:

Great Paints Jankees, I like the strips as well !! :applause::ernae::applause: