PDA

View Full Version : Carenado C152 reviewed

Nick C
April 10th, 2009, 10:34
Please click the image below for Ian Pearson's review of the Carenado Cessna C152 II.

This marks the start of our "Coffee Break" reviews, which cover some of the more straight forward products that wouldn't ordinarily be included on our website.

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/images/reviews/C152_review/c152_banner_00.jpg (http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/carenado_c152_review.htm)

JoeW
April 10th, 2009, 12:20
Shot #10 .... the approach to 2B2 look real. How is this on frames for a low end machine?

Nick C
April 10th, 2009, 12:30
Joe if I'm honest I couldn't say, neither my machine or Ian's, while not top end, are also not low end. It certainly performs well on my system. Carenado planes are usually very well optimised, but I'll ask for SOH members who own the plane to add their thoughts if they can.

EgoR64
April 10th, 2009, 13:06
:wavey:

Excellent, I just may have to purchase now !!

Fantastic Shots - My Fav be #4, Nice Hop & Pop Altitude, almost can see the Oranges on the Trees !!

Many Cheers !! :ernae::ernae:

heywooood
April 10th, 2009, 19:56
Shot #10 .... the approach to 2B2 look real. How is this on frames for a low end machine?

If you mean the C152's impact on frames - it is practically nil....Carenado's entire FSX fleet gives outstanding frame rate performance considering the terrific detail and accuracy of form and flight model fidelity.

If you have Piglets AA-5 Grumman Tiger - the Carenado C152 will give you equal frame rates by comparison.

I can't speak to the scenery in those reviewers screenshots...

Rezabrya
April 10th, 2009, 19:59
I find Carenado's planes to be as good or almost as good on frames as the default planes. I love the 152, It's so fun to just mess around in.

Marvin Carter
April 10th, 2009, 21:46
I have it, one of the beat for you basic flight lessons. Frames are good, the only thing i did to it was raise the eye point of view in the cfg to see over the panel better.Great little plane, just fells right!!!

Marvin Carter

chinookmark
April 10th, 2009, 22:26
Thanks for the review! I was debating on this one, since I already have the freeware Justflight 152. Your comments on the flight model tipped the scale over to the "purchase" side. Of course, now I'm going to be $20 farther from the real Cessna 152 I'm trying to buy.

thefrog
April 11th, 2009, 00:13
Great review, but I'm always amazed at how rather downbeat all the reviews I have read of Carenado planes are when it comes to the interiors. I think they are one of the most realistic in the business and saying that the vc is "clear and easy to use" simply does not do it justice IMHO. For me, their vc makes me feel I'm actually in the cockpit, especially when using a head tracking device (I use Cachya which works brilliantly in FSX).