PDA

View Full Version : atc/ifr question

cheezyflier
April 10th, 2009, 10:26
i had something funky happen today. atc gave me a new heading on an ifr flight. i hit the wrong button and my panel disapeared. no big deal, i got it back, but when i brought up atc to acknowledge the instructions, the ability to reply was not there. they cancelled my flight plan. as soon as they did i was offered the option to open a new one or request a flight following.
how can i open a new ifr flight plan, in flight, that will get me to my original destination without starting me back at the place i took off from?
i did it once, but now when i try it, the gps wants to take me back to the beginning and start all over. anyone have an answer? :help:

GypsyBaron
April 10th, 2009, 11:25
i had something funky happen today. atc gave me a new heading on an ifr flight. i hit the wrong button and my panel disapeared. no big deal, i got it back, but when i brought up atc to acknowledge the instructions, the ability to reply was not there. they cancelled my flight plan. as soon as they did i was offered the option to open a new one or request a flight following.
how can i open a new ifr flight plan, in flight, that will get me to my original destination without starting me back at the place i took off from?
i did it once, but now when i try it, the gps wants to take me back to the beginning and start all over. anyone have an answer? :help:

Just answer "No" ( or click "No" ) when the dialog box
asks if you want to move to your departure airport.

I usually fly VFR these days but if, as I near my destination airport,
I find IFR conditions, I simply create a IFR plan, making SURE
to specify my CURRENT ALTITUDE and a track that comes
very close to my present location. Answering 'No' to the 'move'
question and I'm given the clearance and everything proceeds
as though I have file IFR from the start.

Paul

EDIT: As to the GPS, just select the leg you are on, hit "Menu" and you will be
given the option of activating that leg.