PDA

View Full Version : Realflight F6F Easter Sale 30% off RRP

vstudios
April 10th, 2009, 10:02
We pleased to announce a 30% Easter sale which ends 6:00 AM Monday GMT

In order to get the 30% off you need to enter 'EASTER09' into the little box in the shopping cart.

www.realflight.co.uk (http://www.realflight.co.uk/hellcat/)

Regular Price $34.00 USD
Sale Price $23.80 USD

Happy Holidays from all the staff at RealFlight

RyanJames170
April 10th, 2009, 10:26
this is tempting

Odie
April 10th, 2009, 11:15
I clicked on the Purchase button and the screen pops up with the following message:

Use of this site requires that cookies be enabled in your web browser.

I dropped the setting to accept all cookies in IE and it still gives me the above message.

Can't let this one go by....gotta add another Grumman kitty to the hangar.

vstudios
April 10th, 2009, 11:34
Hi Odie, please contact us directly stating the problems your experiencing to f6fsupport@realflight.co.uk

I clicked on the Purchase button and the screen pops up with the following message:

Use of this site requires that cookies be enabled in your web browser.

I dropped the setting to accept all cookies in IE and it still gives me the above message.

Can't let this one go by....gotta add another Grumman kitty to the hangar.

Odie
April 10th, 2009, 11:48
Roger that...email sent ! Thanks !

Wing Nut
April 10th, 2009, 12:15
Dean, I get the cookie message also. Pretty sure I have cookies enabled.
Would love to purchase this airplane.

Richard

vstudios
April 10th, 2009, 12:30
Hi Wing nut, can you email support here please : f6fsupport@realflight.co.uk

Mithrin
April 10th, 2009, 13:26
Well this is happening to most I think no matter their settings, since I am now the third to report this error.

vstudios
April 10th, 2009, 14:09
It does look very odd indeed, I'll contact them and see what the problem is, as it was working fine for me an hour ago.

Roadburner440
April 10th, 2009, 14:29
I will be another to add to the list of people who get the error message about needing to enable the cookies.Hopefully it is something simple to resolve.

forgeknight
April 10th, 2009, 14:34
Yep I cant seem to get past the cookie screen no matter the settings either. Hopefully when it gets fixed a post will pop up here.

forgeknight
April 10th, 2009, 14:39
hmmm, when I use the link above (original post) and try and buy from that page I get the cookie error, when I buy from the home page saved in my favorites it goes just fine...you might want to try and take a different buying route.

vstudios
April 10th, 2009, 14:40
Forgeknight, can you post the URL here please for me to test out.

forgeknight
April 10th, 2009, 14:44
I start here http://www.realflight.co.uk/ then here http://www.realflight.co.uk/hellcat.php (click the buy link on this page) and it worked.

vstudios
April 10th, 2009, 14:45
your right, works fine now.. Im looking into the new URLS now..

vstudios
April 10th, 2009, 14:48
ALL URLS are now working perfectly, and the cookie problem is now resolved, good catch Forgenight

Mithrin
April 10th, 2009, 16:23
Downloaded and installed! Sweet deal!

Major_Spittle
April 10th, 2009, 17:12
What will the expansion be?

forgeknight
April 10th, 2009, 19:24
Not a problem I'm glad I could help. I got a chance to take her up for a spin earlier, very impressive.

DennyA
April 10th, 2009, 20:51
Woot! Thanks for the sale, guys.

Some publishers claim that price doesn't affect purchase decisions, but I just bought the Hellcat. Downloading now!

chinookmark
April 10th, 2009, 22:01
DennyA, sometimes I wonder if it's the price or just the sale. Either way, I'm buying!

Mithrin
April 11th, 2009, 00:59
Woot! Thanks for the sale, guys.

Some publishers claim that price doesn't affect purchase decisions, but I just bought the Hellcat. Downloading now!
Yup, I've been over to the RealFlight website for at least 20-30 times before. Absolutely loved what I saw and I really like the Hellcat. However the price still kept me from getting it. Now with 30% off it became affordable.

Just to make sure everyone understands what is being said. I'm sure the product would be worth 50-60-70 bucks a piece. The quality is there. I just don't happen to be a millionair, pretty much at the bottom of the economic food chain hehehe.

So thanks again RealFlight for this sale, it made my day!:ernae:

jankees
April 11th, 2009, 01:30
well, I bought mine!
Thank you, Real Flight, for this easter egg!
just out of curiosity: is there a paintkit?

Nick C
April 11th, 2009, 02:20
About time this bird came up again on this forum, it's a great plane. Looking forward to some of your repaints Jan.

And for some still sitting on the fence, perhaps the following can aid your decision?

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/realflight_hellcat.htm

Odie
April 11th, 2009, 05:06
Just downloaded it....great little Easter egg with wings and a big ole radial engine !:woot:

Thanks, Real Flight !

vstudios
April 11th, 2009, 06:10
Thanks guys, the team certainly did a great job.. and yes in this climate some things do need to change regarding the prices.

vstudios
April 11th, 2009, 06:12
well, I bought mine!
Thank you, Real Flight, for this easter egg!
just out of curiosity: is there a paintkit?

The paint kit resides inside the F6F Hellcat directory.

Have Fun..

Major_Spittle
April 11th, 2009, 14:22
Realflight-

what will the upcoming expansion for this be?

vstudios
April 11th, 2009, 14:53
Hi Spittle, can you show me the context in which it was written please.

hey_moe
April 11th, 2009, 16:22
Dean....thanks for posting the Easter sale and also for spending your time in here making sure our members have everything they need to make things right. I am sure all the members appreciate all the hard work you have done.......Mike

Cazzie
April 11th, 2009, 17:47
It's coming through my pipe right now, thanks Dean. Will have some paints in the works like jankees.

Caz

vstudios
April 11th, 2009, 23:57
Perfect, really looking forward to your work Cazzie.

Lawman
April 12th, 2009, 03:27
Cookie problem seems to be back:help:. Tried deactivating ZoneAlarm, reducing IE-settings and cleaned the cache, but no joy. Have sent an email to support.

vstudios
April 12th, 2009, 03:32
Hi Lawman, is this regarding purchasing or installing.

Cookie problem seems to be back:help:. Tried deactivating ZoneAlarm, reducing IE-settings and cleaned the cache, but no joy. Have sent an email to support.

vstudios
April 12th, 2009, 03:33
Im on it, i'll post back shortly once ive updated the page.

vstudios
April 12th, 2009, 03:35
Hi again Lawman, the problem is now corrected.

Lawman
April 12th, 2009, 03:53
Purchased and downloading now. Thank you sir for your swift service:applause:.

vstudios
April 12th, 2009, 04:06
Im pleased everything worked out for you.

Cazzie
April 12th, 2009, 04:30
Got mine, flys nice, but the Hellkitty isn't the stable platform the T-Bolt is.

One thing is "big" wrong though realflight, The R-2800 shows only 14 cylinders in the sim (two banks of seven cylinders). It should have two banks of nine cylinders to be correct. Small pickings, but on a payware airplane, one best have their specs in order. Doing and judging model airplanes make me a nit-picker.

Caz

sparouty
April 12th, 2009, 08:45
Hello Everybody,

I've just bought this amazing Hellcat and began a French Navy repaint: the 11th flottilla in 1954 (end of the Indochina war, this plane was shot down over Dien Bien Phu).

The paint kit is great, but I have a little question. How can I reduce the shiny effect? Even when specular textures are in black, the paint is still shining like French Foreign legionnaire (or Marines) shoes :)
Is there a trick to have a paint more semi-glossy?

Regards
Sylvain

vstudios
April 12th, 2009, 10:14
Hi, can you please define 'stable', do you mean it crashes to desktop or something else ?

Regarding the cylinders I guess this was simply overlooked by our modellers.

If your not happy with the purchase I can authorise a refund if you so desire.

Got mine, flys nice, but the Hellkitty isn't the stable platform the T-Bolt is.

One thing is "big" wrong though realflight, The R-2800 shows only 14 cylinders in the sim (two banks of seven cylinders). It should have two banks of nine cylinders to be correct. Small pickings, but on a payware airplane, one best have their specs in order. Doing and judging model airplanes make me a nit-picker.

Caz

DennyA
April 12th, 2009, 10:56
Bought it the other day and just flew it this morning. Beautiful model, flies so nicely that I wish we had a combat sim to put it in!

It wasn't necessarily overpriced at the original price. But it was over my personal limit. Hopefully the sale will do really well for you guys.

Cazzie
April 12th, 2009, 12:01
Hi, can you please define 'stable', do you mean it crashes to desktop or something else ?

Regarding the cylinders I guess this was simply overlooked by our modellers.

If your not happy with the purchase I can authorise a refund if you so desire.

Strictly speaking in the aeronautical vernacular, no crashes or anything, it's just that the T-bolt is an easier airplane to fly, not as twitchy as the Hellcat. Then again, the Hellcat is a better handling airplane, it rolls quicker, turns quicker, and climbs quicker than the T-bolt. But don't try to dive or outrun a T-bolt in a Hellcat.

No it is an excellent flight model, missing only the two extra cylinders per bank. The is a little too much sheen to the finish for my taste, but that is subjective and one can correct this with a little less alpha on the main and spec textures.

Caz

Major_Spittle
April 12th, 2009, 17:47
Hi Spittle, can you show me the context in which it was written please.

I can't find it now, I was on your site and it was the last bullet of a list of features for the aircraft. It said something about an expansion coming soon???? Perhaps I was confused or browsing a different plane while I was looking at your products. So I take it no expansion is in the works then?

Do the planes react to being shot by other planes in Multiplayer?

EDIT:

Actually I just watched the Promo video again and at the end of it when it list the features it says:

" An Expansion Pack is planed, Details to be released shortly. "

It has been a short amount of time since I watched the video so.......... ???

vstudios
April 13th, 2009, 00:42
The expansion the vid was referring to was an addon in the Solomons, However after researching was complete.. another publisher was releasing screens of their own work in progress so I just dismissed the idea on the spot and no further work was carried out on it.

Its funny as I've not seen anything posted since from the developer about the project.. which has indeed angered me.. if they wouldnt have jumped in with both guns blazing then our solomon project would have been completed now.

We don't have the time or man power as the team is working on the Bearcat.

vstudios
April 13th, 2009, 05:09
Do to the current climate, I've decided to reduce the Hellcat to $27.99 with imediate effect which will remain so making the hellct more affordable to all simmers regardless of their financial background.

I'm hoping this will indeed set a trend for other publishers by making their own products more affordable to the whole community.

noddy
April 13th, 2009, 08:38
Dean,

That is a great gesture, many thanks.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
April 13th, 2009, 14:13
Regarding the paint finish , the shine is not part of the alpha channels, I didn't use the alpha channels on this aircraft except for glass.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
The shine was part of the original paint schemes attempt to be as " shiny as a new Porsche " as these were supposed to have been,
the shine is part of the Material settings and can’t be undone using the paint kit .<o:p></o:p>

Cazzie
April 13th, 2009, 15:33
Regarding the paint finish , the shine is not part of the alpha channels, I didn't use the alpha channels on this aircraft except for glass.<o:p></o:p>
The shine was part of the original paint schemes attempt to be as " shiny as a new Porsche " as these were supposed to have been,
the shine is part of the Material settings and can’t be undone using the paint kit .<o:p></o:p>

Thanks Chuck, understand.

Mithrin
April 13th, 2009, 16:21
Thanks Dean. That's very kind!

sparouty
April 14th, 2009, 08:02
Regarding the paint finish , the shine is not part of the alpha channels, I didn't use the alpha channels on this aircraft except for glass.<o:p></o:p>

Thank you Chuck, I better understand now why whatever the color I put in the specular texture, the Hellcat was still shiny. :)
Anyway even if the French Hellcat never shined so much (coming from US Navy "surplus"), this model is really amazing!!
Thank you again,
Regards,
Sylvain

EgoR64
April 14th, 2009, 10:42
:friday:

It is a fantastic Bird, John Wayne coms to mind everytime I fly her !! :woot:

A solomon add-on would have been super fun --

Look forward to your bearcat --

Many Cheers !!

jankees
April 14th, 2009, 11:19
Well, I've playing around with my Hellcat, and I like it a lot!
I agree with Caz, it feels very twitchy compared to the P-47 (and a lot of other aircraft), but that's not a bad thing for a fighter. I'm wondering about the sound though, at full throttle, it makes (a lot) less noise than at half that. Is that right?
As for the sheen, sometimes it feels a bit too much (the Gladiator suffered from this this too, only more so), but in other times it's beautiful, look at that wing shot.
One final point, it started spewing white smoke all of a sudden, while descending to the airfield. Why the smoke, what did I do wrong? and why so white, it was dusk after all?
I'm travelling a lot over the next two months, so don't expect any repaints soon, but it will happen, I just ordered a book on Dutch Hellcat pilots...

vstudios
April 14th, 2009, 11:29
Monitor your cylinder head temp, try and keep it below 90, to reduce overheating use the prop pitch

Cazzie
April 14th, 2009, 12:11
RealFlight's right jankees, back off on the prop rpm and throttle rpm. At 10,000-ft or above set your fuel on auto-mix and throttle both prop and throllem to cruise range and trim to neutral. It should be noted that water injection was raely if ever used by Hellcat pilots during WW II. Helldiver could perhaps add to my opines. I'm just an old aviation histort nert, HD was there.

Other than the snitch about the number of cylinders RF, it's a gem. Please see that the developers correct that for the Bearcat, which was perhaps my favorites of all the Grumman Ironworks prop fighters.

I notice none of the "Minski"s were done, got the repaint kit, may have to get that sorted. :ernae:

Caz

vstudios
April 14th, 2009, 13:10
looking forward to it Caz :ernae:

Krazy
April 15th, 2009, 11:29
I tried to get this sev times Sat & Sunday and site said downloads not available at this time?

vstudios
April 15th, 2009, 11:56
hmm very odd indeed, the price has indeed been dropped from 34$ to 27.99$ and will remain so.

Odie
April 16th, 2009, 17:52
I'm getting a "connecting to server error" when I try to install it. Dropped a note off to the support address. Maybe a server is unavailable?

vstudios
April 17th, 2009, 09:48
Hi Odie, I think our installation support team are already working with you on this problem.