PDA

View Full Version : Compiling WEP.bgl in CFS2

oldwheat
April 10th, 2009, 09:17
Please someone, Try to tell me what I am doing wrong & how to fix it! Everytime I try to compile a .bgl with MDLC, I get a line error & it aborts.. As far as I can tell, I am doing it the same way that I always did successfully but now it's a consistent problem.. Here is a shot of the DOS window & a copy of the tweaked scasm file ( I had to remove some of the text to upload):

thicko
April 10th, 2009, 13:41
Hello OW,
I got it to compile the .BGL here, with a few non fatal errors shown. Perhaps because of the EndObj line in the .SCA. What your DOS screen is showing is that the .SCA file size is larger than the Default size for SCASM. This is the Line Buffer Overflow Error at the end of your DOS screen, 20478 is the default. To succede with the SCASM Compile you will need to add an extra command to SCASM command. This will be: -LB 50000. It is a linebuffer over ride command. It can be any number as long as it is larger than your .SCA byte number, which is unknown, until you get the compile. The SCA here was at: Linebuffer 30413/50000 . I am not sure how to add this with MDLC as I do my SCASM work manually in the DOS window. My typed command: C:\scasm C:\wep_p39exr.sca C:\wep_p39exr.bgl -LB 50000
I hope this makes some sense!
Cheers Thicko

oldwheat
April 10th, 2009, 20:36
Thanks Thicko,
I added -LB 90000 to the MDLC command line as suggested in Au Mav's mini-tute,no joy. I'll try your numbers & see what happens as well as your typed command.. I'm wondering if all this has anything to do with the fact that I installed a new hard drive to replace my original that went under? It could be happenstance but .bgl's compiled without problems before the change..

oldwheat
April 11th, 2009, 08:33
I was able to get it to (allegedly) compile using your direct command, with an added zero i.e. -LB 500000 but the game gives me the usual 'cannot find...' error and yes, I deleted the filelist ..

oldwheat
April 14th, 2009, 08:44
I've found that my Windows installer is screwed up (which explains why I couldn't reinstall CFS2). Do you suppose that this is also the basis for my .cfg woes?.. I hate to take my PC into the shop (cheapskate here) but my attempts at a solution have been fruitless so far.. BTW, WTH is that "Last edited by Krazy 2007 yadda, yadda.. " -that appears under my posts? (Why is Herman editing my posts 2 years ago :costumes:) Twilight Zone theme

hairyspin
April 14th, 2009, 13:10
For the Twilight Zone posts, see post 7 at:- http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=1977 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=1977)