PDA

View Full Version : Rudder Pedal Assignment

Crusader
October 13th, 2008, 09:07
Decided to reload CFS3 after a long absence . Deleted slider assignment under rudder pedals(CH PRO)due to throtlle being reversed . Now the throttle slider(CH Combat Stck)is operating throttle and not the rudder. Having difficulty assigning the rudders now to the pedals . I,ve saved a configuration for pedals but everytime I try to move the pedals to assign them it deaufts the assignment to the throttle slider . Sorry if this sounds confusing but I think I remember along time ago that there was a couple of lines I had to add to one of CFS3's config files or something to this effect . Any ideas on getting the rudders to works with the pedals and are toe brakes possible in CFS3 ? I think I found the solution to this a long time ago right here at the Out-House but due to the recent forum crash it wiped the thread out .

Any help appreciated ,

Rich

tenspeed
October 13th, 2008, 09:57
Check in the CH control manager and see if the pedels are listed as the R axis.

SLIP STREAM
October 13th, 2008, 10:44
crusader the lines you may remember were for saitek pedals. are those the line your looking for?i don't know about the ch controls.

Crusader
October 13th, 2008, 11:14
I've got the CH Pro pedals . I just have to find out how to add the Z axis that I assume are for the pedals . The only thing that shows up is the X and Y axis that I believe go with the Ailerons and elevator . I'll keep searching on the net and see if I can come with something .Thanks for the responses .

tenspeed
October 13th, 2008, 11:48
I have the CH stick, throttle and pedels. And in my CH manager the stick is X and Y axis, throttle is Z axis and pedels are R axis. In the CH manager it looks like it allows you to assign any axis to any controller. I haven't tried as the ones I listed were the default ones.

Crusader
October 13th, 2008, 13:03
I have the CH stick, throttle and pedels. And in my CH manager the stick is X and Y axis, throttle is Z axis and pedels are R axis. In the CH manager it looks like it allows you to assign any axis to any controller. I haven't tried as the ones I listed were the default ones.

Thanks tenspeed

I finally got enough nerve to load up CH manager as I have never used it before . I found a PDF file " CH Manager For Dummies" which certainly applies to me and gave it a try . I just mapped the CH Pro Pedals so far and you are right . You can assign any axis and it was fairly easy . Going to try the Combat Stick later .CFS3 shows its age I guess as I have FS9 and FSX and they automatically pick up everything .I've had CFS3 since it came out and thought I would reload on a new comp and give the "PTO" a try a blow up some things:costumes:

Thanks again ,
Rich:ernae: