Found this on Capt Sim's web site today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrRDeW5zXWI

Real color weather Radar......

stansdds
April 10th, 2009, 03:50
Well, isn't that neat?

jojohnson9
April 10th, 2009, 03:53
This is the same color weather radar that is installed in many Reserve P-3s in US Navy. It could be part of a training film for us pretend pilots. Very nice work.

Kiwikat
April 10th, 2009, 06:08
That looks veeeeeeeeeeery similar to the RXP WX radar that's been around for quite some time now...

Brian_Gladden
April 10th, 2009, 06:25
I've had the RXP weather radar for a while... Love it.

deimos256
April 10th, 2009, 07:07
eh, id rather have a FSX native starfighter

daytonite_andy
April 10th, 2009, 22:17
Yep I have the Reality XP weather radar too...works great and is editable to allow keystrokes to operate the functions of the unit. Great for cockpit builders. A lot of people have been asking for network functionality (presumably using WideFS) but personally it work great for me on one computer. I'm flying a lot in the Carribean at the moment and I constantly curse about the good weather encountered there...:wiggle:

I like Captain Sim products, so it would be nice to see what this product offers...

tigisfat
April 11th, 2009, 00:04
That's just fine. WHERE IS THE B-52!!:help:

Sedr37
April 14th, 2009, 04:28
COOL!

That's just fine. WHERE IS THE B-52!!:help:

CS said radar won't affect B52 release :)

tigisfat
April 14th, 2009, 05:55
I don't completely understand the point of weather radar in MSFS. Since thunderstorms are not accurately depicted in-sim, then what are we using the weather radar to avoid? I've had weather radar before, and it was just smoke and mirrors. It's cool to have that thingy going, but when it's clear to the moon and beyond and the gauge is painting a hurricane, how realistic is that?

Kiwikat
April 14th, 2009, 09:29
I don't completely understand the point of weather radar in MSFS. Since thunderstorms are not accurately depicted in-sim, then what are we using the weather radar to avoid? I've had weather radar before, and it was just smoke and mirrors. It's cool to have that thingy going, but when it's clear to the moon and beyond and the gauge is painting a hurricane, how realistic is that?

The RXP one isn't all smoke and mirrors. It does show where the larger clouds and precipitation are. In a thunderstorm, it does a pretty good job of showing where the heaviest parts are too. I find it to be a great addition to some of my GA aircraft. If you are picking up a lot of false echos you should adjust the gain and it should fix it. The new CaptainSim one appears to do this better than the RXP one, but we will see.

JSkorna
April 14th, 2009, 10:12

Load up ASV6.5 and it's weather Radar and you can get a display that almost matches up with the NOAA Doppler weather page.

Edit: In FS2004 of course!