PDA

View Full Version : "El Dorado" Found???

gera
October 13th, 2008, 08:50
As the Spanish Conquistadors moved across Peru their principle target was the Gold City of "El Dorado" as written and told by the Incas.....

Il Mattino di Roma Newspaper....
October 13, 2008....8:03.54 am
Rome, Italy---Europe.

" Dr. Giuseppe Vitto held a conference last night at the Vittorio Venetto Hotel under pouring rain. Champagne flowed like the rain drops as the speaker said
" Amici from all over the world...I am happy to report to you that while searching the Map Files of the Barcelona Public Library I found a tiny map that to me discribes the general location of the infamous city of "El Dorado" in Peru!!!!!...As you all know this is the Gold City of the ancient Incas that the Spanish never found but searched for it as if it was water in the desert.
An expedition has been formed by me together with Dr. Laura Paccinici and two assistants, Anna and Foriana Gelatti. We have taken the Flying services of Vittorio del Monte from Lima who will provide us with a pretty good pilot and his airplane in order to fly to several out in the jungle and mountain regions of that South American Country. Many dangers await us but we are firm in our task which is historical and could in some way or another be good for our finances, now in dire ways due to that awfull place called Wall Street. We are sure we will prevail, I am sure, since I dream of it last night and two Voodo doctors from Haiti have written me saying I sure have the right map. I have asked Laura to pass to you all the route we think we will take, but it is not really the true one since we donīt want any pirates to follow us and steal the gold if we find it. Since the preparations will take some time, I promise to keep all of you updated with reports on the progress of them. In the mean time I will prepare a complete booklet on this marvelous flight into the unknown.......
Let me remind you of the dangers we will encounter: Much Munson type of Rain, possibly some headhunters, roaring rivers, mosquitoes, many hours flying over uncharted regions looking for the right spot, bad food, the very dangerous Anaconda!!!, "faca" flue, and the possibility of total and complete failure......but letīs not hurry ourselves. What I can promise you
is a flight you will not forget!!!!!! many new dangerous airfields, surely bad weather and finally a trip you will never have too far from your brain and thoughts.....a story for your grandchildren fer sure......:kilroy:

(This flight is not for the timid!!!)....:monkies:...it is :greenf::ichile: