PDA

View Full Version : Scenery Library Priorities

minuteman10
April 9th, 2009, 12:44
Guys...What exactly should the priorities be in the Scenery Library? Am I correct in: local at the top working down to global mesh,default scenery, and finally default terrain? Thanks in advance....MM

rich12545
April 9th, 2009, 14:48
Basically correct. But unrelated categories don't matter. For example, it doesn't matter if mesh is above or below landclass because they are unrelated. Here is how I have mine:

Sceneries with larger areas first
Landclass
UT products
Mesh

Also photoreal sceneries will always sit on top of regular no matter what the order. Hope this helps.

minuteman10
April 11th, 2009, 03:59
Thanks Rich....I installed Rhumba's LOD7 mesh and the Lennart textures and was amazed...and hooked! I just ordered the Fsgenesis media bundle. It is on sale now for $32 at their site. Next week, I'll grab the Ultimate Terrain USA. I feel like a kid at Christmas. Any thoughts on the Birds Eye textures?:typing:

Odie
April 11th, 2009, 05:18
This intrigues me....what does UT do exactly for the terrain? I'm looking to spruce up FS9 a bit and have seen UT mentioned often.

dominique
April 11th, 2009, 06:22
This intrigues me....what does UT do exactly for the terrain? I'm looking to spruce up FS9 a bit and have seen UT mentioned often.

Run the animated gifs on the right side of this page (http://www.scenerysolutions.com/UTUSA.html), it speaks for itself

rich12545
April 11th, 2009, 06:37
I looked at bird's eye a while back. It looked fine but iirc you had to buy a separate set for each season and on my limited budget I went with ground environment from flight1. That's where ut is. UT is great. It sets precise coastlines, roads, urban areas, night lights and more. With the usa landclass from genesis and utusa you have an excellent base on which you can add airports and stuff, many free ones made for ut. And you should get qualt (sp) to reposition objects. Link at the ut forum.