PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Scenery

IanHenry
April 8th, 2009, 13:32
Hi,
With the free ware Takitimu scenery that is available over at AVSIM, I started wondering if anyone had tried this <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">New Zealand</st1:country-region></st1:place> scenery package:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
http://www.windowlight.co.nz/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=9&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3&vmcchk=1&Itemid=3 (http://www.windowlight.co.nz/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=9&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3&vmcchk=1&Itemid=3)
<o:p> </o:p>
Has anyone tried it, and if so what is it like? The site has very few screenshots too demonstrate the quality or coverage of the product (I have to admit to being a little ignorant about <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">New Zealand</st1:country-region></st1:place>’s geography)
Ian

d0mokun
April 8th, 2009, 14:32
It's all quite good- it's the best you'll find for NZ.

The aerial imagery at TG and RO aren't too great but it provides something nice to fly over and out of.

IanHenry
April 8th, 2009, 23:38
Ok Thanks.

Ian

d0mokun
April 8th, 2009, 23:53
If you do get TG and RO, a good compliment are the BoP_Islands packages that are free on Avsim.

Every day I look out of the window at the Islands.. then I load up TG in the sim and go out to them.

The products really are great and to be honest unless you see the airports and ground every day in real life, any little errors wouldn't be apparent.

Great eye candy and stuff though and thoroughly recommended!

IanHenry
April 9th, 2009, 03:58
Thanks d0mokun,
I'm downloading that from AVSIM now. Still undecided about the payware packages. I think if I do get it I will get the complete FSX package.

Ian

ananda
April 9th, 2009, 06:16
If you do get TG and RO, a good compliment are the BoP_Islands packages that are free on Avsim.
Be careful with this one, the airport background excludes the coast near NZWK so the island is surrounded by landclass.

IanHenry
April 9th, 2009, 07:04
Hi ananda,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
haven't heard from you in a long while, do you still frequent the Horizon forum?<o:p></o:p>
Ian<o:p></o:p>

ananda
April 9th, 2009, 08:49
Hi ananda,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
haven't heard from you in a long while, do you still frequent the Horizon forum?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Ian<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I still lurk, but it's pretty much dead now since Chris and Darren were made redundant.

George