PDA

View Full Version : Captain Sim C-130 Hercules review

Nick C
April 8th, 2009, 11:32
Please click the image below for Ian Pearson's review of the Captain Sim C-130 Hercules.

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/images/reviews/C130_review/herc_banner_002.jpg (http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/cs_Herc_Review.htm)

Thanks to Ian and Cody on this one, it's been a long time coming and that's partly my fault :redface:

harleyman
April 8th, 2009, 12:11
Thanks for the link Nick C..

Now I'm off to read it...LOL

Excellent review and Video by Jaggeyroad films as usual...

datter
April 8th, 2009, 14:08
Woohoo. The only reviews I genuinely look forward to reading. :)

Shylock
April 8th, 2009, 14:16
Good review. The only problem our 2 Fat Albert guys found after purchasing this one was in multi player you can't share a cockpit. But over all this is one amazing plane from what they tell me and from the video they put together.

Does anybody know how to get in direct contact with the bigs from Captsim?

Nick C
April 8th, 2009, 14:22
I nobbled the weapons firing video from Captain Sims website as I thought it displayed them better than a picture could, but now I'm wondering if that was only the FS9 version and I've just un-installed the aircraft to make room for some others :whistle:

Nick C
April 8th, 2009, 14:23
Shylock, send me a PM with your email and I'll point you in the right direction.

Shylock
April 8th, 2009, 15:44
Thanks Nick sent

jimjones
April 9th, 2009, 05:49
Thanks Nick for the link and to Ian and Cody for the review. Nice pics and review.

I was one of those who purchased the Pro Pak on the one day sale. What a bargain! That was a few months back and I've not looked at all the planes. Furthermore the documentation is huge and it takes a really dedicated person or one with a photographic memory to remember it all.

The video in the review reminded me that there is the AC-130 Spectre gunship with animations. Never tried it before, so was interested in finding how to use them. Searched all the documentation and found nothing. Not saying it is not covered, but I just could not find anything.

Looked in the user forum and a kind soul had shown how to bring up the weapons instrument panel. To repeat, the procedure is:

Click Views tab in FSX toolbar
Choose instrument panel
Click the weapons panel

BOOM...Brrrrrrrrrr:jump:

CodyValkyrie
April 9th, 2009, 08:23
You can't take all the blame Nick. It took me a long time to get that video :D

IanP
April 10th, 2009, 01:10
Of course we should all really be blaming me, as I wrote it about twelve times, then couldn't find the manuals to check stuff and swapped computers and did this and did that and nearly quit the entire hobby and...:engel016:

Thanks for the comments guys.

cheezyflier
April 10th, 2009, 07:25
i wish i had enough computer for this one. it seems really nice:applause: