PDA

View Full Version : Got a Tech Question

T Square
April 8th, 2009, 06:47
I had a new hard drive installed in my rig. My old harddrive was copied to the new one. Here's the question: My old drive had 2 partitions one designated as C: and the other D: as purchased from the manufacturer (HP) I decided that since the D: partition was no longer needed I used "Disk Manager" to delete this partition. Problem is now that in disk manager my C: drive shows that it has 171.82 GB and I have a block of 293.94 GB of unallocated disk space. How do I add this unallocated space back into my C: so I have full use of all on C: disk. Does qwhat I said make any sense I'm stepping into the unknown knowledge wise so be easy on me pleese.

Z-PurpleBubble
April 8th, 2009, 06:58
It depends a bit on what OS you are running, but generally speaking, you can resize the C partition in the diskmanager.

And if that doesn't work for ya, you can do exactly the same thing with a nice little proggie called Partition Magic.

Hope this helps!

PB

T Square
April 8th, 2009, 07:38
I,m using XP Professional, and I have been to disk manager, how do you resize C partition from there?

Wild Bill Kelso
April 8th, 2009, 07:40
Partition Magic is one solution.

There's a lot of freeware tools out there to mess around with partition sizes and designations. WinXP also has an onboard tool to do such.

I'd rather prefer the payware "Acronis Disc Director Suite" (costs about 40 EUR) which helped me a lot in the past.

Cheers,
Markus.