PDA

View Full Version : Folding wings

Shylock
April 8th, 2009, 06:16
Ever notice while in multi player when another player folds their wings or lowers the tail hook you can not see them. I have been working for sometime on fixing this, but have hit a dead end. Does anybody know if there is any text within FSX I could change to make them show up like the way exits opening, spoilers and flaps all show when the players uses them?

Is this at all possible? I have been through a lot of XML and DL files and cant find anything on it. I thought it might be in the MDL file for the plane itself.

Lionheart
April 8th, 2009, 08:21
Hey Shylock,

You will need the same plane they have on your computer so you can see what they have. It must be the same model, not a different vendor model. Then it 'should' show up, just like landing gear retracted, flaps down, etc.

Bill

EgoR64
April 8th, 2009, 08:22
:wavey:

Hi Shylock,

Wish I knew too, I see the same issues, Would be nice to be able to See the AI Tailhooks extend and BlastShields go up on Carriers as well as fold the wings, Very wierd, I can see the Canopy open and Flaps extend as well.
Also would be nice to see the AI drop a Few Bombs........:faint:

Wonder if it would be possible to Send an Effect to the AI to Perform the Desired Functions, using Simconnect?

Helldiver
April 8th, 2009, 09:49
I have been married for 59 years and it wasn't until I mentioned it to my wife, about my airplanes wings folding on the carrier, was there any awareness on her part that Navy airplanes could work such magic.

Shylock
April 8th, 2009, 10:59
Lol Helldiver good one.

Lionheart if you notice even if the people have the same aircraft as you for some reason in FSX when they lower tail hooks in multi player they don't show up. So I'm working hard to fix this but was wondering if anybody knew off hand if it can be done.