PDA

View Full Version : fW-200c-4 flight characteristics

BeauBrummie
October 13th, 2008, 07:42
Basically it wallows like a pig! If I try to do any resonalbe turn as I have in other 4 engine aircraft it pitches over into the sea. So taking evasive action is more dangerous than flying straight. i flew the ol' GC_Condor a fair bit and liked it, but this is the first time I've flow the Avhistory v.4 beast in anger. I have read up a fair bit on the Condor attacks. In all crew accounts the negative comments are not its flying characteristics, but it's lack of armour and vulnerability to flak.

Any thoughts guys.

Beau

ronnybengt
October 13th, 2008, 07:48
hey..i thinks its a fair ride....it aint that agile fighter youknow.......

R

loverboy1
October 13th, 2008, 08:54
if i have a few , then fly it perfect . if im sober its hard - as far as flak agree done like dinner

BeauBrummie
October 13th, 2008, 10:24
I'd better get a few in tonight then as I'm ironing a few wrinkles out of a Condor mission:ernae:. More specifically, do you have any problems banking and turning.

Beau

ronnybengt
October 13th, 2008, 10:45
not that i can recall.....i ll check....

R

SLIP STREAM
October 13th, 2008, 11:03
beau both are under powered flying bricks the gc unit flys a little more forgiveing. it started as a gas sipping airliner so manuvers are newtonian.small adjustments at a time backing off the throttle,turn, then powering once your pointed in the chosen direction.i have overspead it and it becomes uncontrolable.the damagebox has a low hit count so its pretty much flak fodder.

seacondor
October 13th, 2008, 11:22
As they say here it isn't a Beaufighter. You have to fly it like you drive a Rolls Royce. Smooth and with respect. You have to do long attack runs lining up from way out. These Condor missions are not quick dash in and back home in 5 minutes. They are more 1 hour of relaxation and 30 seconds of Hell. :mixedsmi:

BeauBrummie
October 13th, 2008, 11:40
Yeah, I'm getting that. This is what happens when you put a Mossie jockey in the pilots seat. Despite all this I love the bird. It looks great, packs a wallop and has excellent 1/KG 40 camo.

Beau

loverboy1
October 13th, 2008, 13:45
on a goood note ..

bombing in them is really accurate and lining up is same ......for dropping your ;load ....but yes is like a tank in heat , like a truck with no wheels at times in turn ing ...b ut but but

*****lining up for bomb runs is super imho******************

loverboy1

so if and once you strike there toast ...best to have ....swiming trunks on in case flak is killer as one stated /

BeauBrummie
October 13th, 2008, 14:07
Basically it wallows like a pig! If I try to do any resonalbe turn as I have in other 4 engine aircraft it pitches over into the sea. So taking evasive action is more dangerous than flying straight. i flew the ol' GC_Condor a fair bit and liked it, but this is the first time I've flow the Avhistory v.4 beast in anger. I have read up a fair bit on the Condor attacks. In all crew accounts the negative comments are not its flying characteristics, but it's lack of armour and vulnerability to flak.

Any thoughts guys.

Beau

I don't know who this uncooth chap is, but he didn't take the time to get used to this beautiful aircraft. She is wonderfully steady weapons platform. I've about wrapped up the main bits of the mission and will be doing a bit of editing soon. Before the missions, I'll try and sort some screenies out tomorrow.

Beau