PDA

View Full Version : No one flying in XP9 lately? or.....

Lionheart
April 7th, 2009, 12:47
Hey guys,

No one flying in XP9 lately? Or is everyone being quiet about it. :d

I am needing a good fix of some sim flying... Been hard at work for the past week. Need to defrag..

Bill

JimC1702
April 7th, 2009, 13:19
I've been working on FSX airports. Currently I'm just about finished with Westover Air Reserve Base in Chicopee, MA.

Jim

Major_Spittle
April 7th, 2009, 21:08
I haven't. They need to dumb down multiplayer for me or give me something to shoot at.

lifejogger
April 8th, 2009, 04:29
Took my first flight last Sunday and I was kind of disappointed in the scenery.
I flew the Cessna 172 and it was not bad the VC was okay but the instrument panel was to close. I will keep playing with it and download some scenery and airplanes and see how things go.

java2srv
April 8th, 2009, 05:17
Building Linux Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid) on a Sager 5793 laptop to try the Linux build. Haven't had a block of time to load the DVDs, and certainly a lot of other monkeying around with newer hardware and open source. Also trying to familiarize with the aircraft building tools, and kind of looking over the AI and airport scenery situation.

I actually kind of ran out of gas after I did a couple of reskins on the Carenado C172 for FS2004. I was pretty disappointed in the texture mapping choices, they seemed to have been an afterthought and haphazard, I had a couple dozen pictures from airliners.net that I was looking forward to doing but will have to modify to fit into mapping constraints.

Spring is lurking here as well, and if you're not ready when it rolls into town you'll be racing to catch up all summer -- so switching over to outside stuff around this time of year also.

:wavey:

JimC1702
April 8th, 2009, 05:18
Have you tried using the PgDn key to move away from the panel? I do this in almost every plane as I always feel I'm too close to the panel. You can also mess with the Field of View setting. I think mine's around 65 now.

Jim

Lionheart
April 8th, 2009, 08:28
Took my first flight last Sunday and I was kind of disappointed in the scenery.
I flew the Cessna 172 and it was not bad the VC was okay but the instrument panel was to close. I will keep playing with it and download some scenery and airplanes and see how things go.

At first, trying to fly it, its a huge wall. None of the controls are the same. Also, and my worst feedback was the closeness of the panel in VC mode like you said.

Jim has it for the fix on that. Go to Rendering Settings, go to Field of View, reset to something like 65 to 70. Restart the sim. (Have to restart it to get new settings.

To go to full screen, go to Rendering and Settings, go to Resolution, program in your exact monitor resolution. Restart the sim.

On command keys, I simply sat down and started programming all my FS controls into the XP9 control key commands. :) However, some arent like FS. For instance, in FS, S key takes you through 4 different window views.. In XP9, you only go to one. So in my XP9, I now have S key for VC view, A key is 2D view, W key is 2D panel view, and when running TrackIR, I have Control/zero for VC TrackIR view.

Flaps also..

And I have everything rigged up identicle to my Saitek X45.

Bill

Peter SWE
April 8th, 2009, 15:05
My hardrive went suicidal, :banghead: no flightsimmning what so ever at the moment.

aairon
April 9th, 2009, 12:03
I have a EA6 -b that I downloaded from their own site and I can't get the hook to deploy I find it odd that the other planes with hooks seem to work normally I even tried to remap those keys but no hook lol it's frustrating to be able to only do T and G's. I feel that the lack of visual eye candy is more then made up for in the smoothness of operation and graphics in general. the very high frame rates possible with a mediocre system.

Lionheart
April 9th, 2009, 14:19
I have a EA6 -b that I downloaded from their own site and I can't get the hook to deploy I find it odd that the other planes with hooks seem to work normally I even tried to remap those keys but no hook lol it's frustrating to be able to only do T and G's. I feel that the lack of visual eye candy is more then made up for in the smoothness of operation and graphics in general. the very high frame rates possible with a mediocre system.

Hey Aairon,

Make sure they arent using a different animation call for the hook.

Is there a ReadMe with it?

Bill

Lionheart
April 9th, 2009, 14:20
My hardrive went suicidal, :banghead: no flightsimmning what so ever at the moment.

Sorry to hear that Peter..

On the bright side, there are a few 1TB drives on sale at NewEgg.com.

:d

Bill

Chacha
April 10th, 2009, 07:10
My daughter's Spring break from school, she rules my iMac or we are out to the beaches, roller skating, ice skating, watching movies, going to the library. In other words- I am baby sitting! Also, my moving gets me overwhelmed (moving from the east to the west)!

Today is Friday???? Thank God it's Friday... Yaaaay. I will be back in circulation! :focus:

Eli

Gdavis101
April 10th, 2009, 17:25
I just haven't had time.

spotlope
April 12th, 2009, 16:54
I've been too busy designing for FSX to get in much XP9 time. Besides which, I got a new motherboard recently that lets me overclock my old CPU by a bit, and FSX is running so silky smooth and beautiful now that I hesitate to put it down.

One place that I have been flying X-Plane: my new iPod Touch! Has anyone else tried the XP9 app for iPod/iPhone? It's actually a blast to fly. Takes a lot of getting used to of course, but he did a great job of porting it to a small, hand-held platform. Huge kudos to Austin for that.

Lionheart
April 12th, 2009, 18:09
Ive been hearing good things about it. Sounds like I need to break down and get it.

:d

Bill

<--- surrounded by Sims! everywhere! Sims.....!

Thoe6969
April 13th, 2009, 16:23
I've been playing around with it quite a bit ,still can't get it tuned just rite but close,but can't max anything,but pretty high.One thing that really dissapoints me is the fact that there are no buildings at all at the airports .:faint:

Haitun
April 15th, 2009, 22:18
Flew about 20 circles in An-2 and RAF Tutor - now, for some time will be back to FSX since I've got my new PC. Will fly X-plane sometime later and have an unteresting adventure idea (a helicopter flight around the world).

Chacha
April 16th, 2009, 18:51
Did a couple of multi-flights with my daughter(on iPhone, iPod). I will try to attach a screen shoots on our ...err my crashes..

Eli