PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 Cockpit Graphics

nunny1969
October 13th, 2008, 06:50
Hello all, I just discovered CFS3, plus the ETO expansion and enjoying it pretty well for the last week or so.

However, since the virtual cockpits have such lackluster graphics, I'm looking around for downloads of improved cockpit graphics and not having much luck. Most of the websites I'm finding have lots of aircraft and/or skin downloads but no cockpit improvements. Can anyone direct me to some good free-ware downloads for cockpits?

I also have found pay-ware upgrades for individual planes with nice looking cockpits. I'd be willing to purchase something if it were comprehensive. Is there a decent pay-ware upgrade that will give me most if not all of the stock planes with improved cockpits?

Thanks in advance,
Nunny

lewis11777
October 13th, 2008, 18:37
Nunny there are several cockpit upgrades and many of those are right here at SOH and avhistory with the nonstock aircraft. Many of the CFS3 add ons such as MAW, PTO, and ETO have additional nonstock aircraft as well as upgraded cockpits. If you wish to put the time in searching, downloading, and file swapping, there are a wealth of upgrades at your disposal.

Capt. Winters
October 14th, 2008, 00:17
Hi Nunny,

A chap by the name of Artmag done a nice upgrade for German VC's (109's, 190's) its here on the SOH search by name to get a list of Artmag's uploads then scroll through until you see something about cockpit repaints.

another Chap called zigzag done a set for the spitfires.

and in the JU88 set of aircraft to be found at Beaubrummies Mostquito site, you will find textures to overwrite the stock JU88 VC textures.
find a post with Bueabrummie in it, and you get a link to his site in his signature.

HTH's

regards Rob.

nunny1969
October 15th, 2008, 04:49
Thank you gentlemen for the pointers, I'll definitely look at the SOH files... I thought this was just a forum site, I never saw the "resources" area until you mentioned it! :redf:

Lewis, after reading your post, I went in to test fly some of the other aircraft in ETO and see that many of the added planes have pretty nice cockpits, especially some of the German planes. So far, I've only been playing the 1943 American campaign flying the P-47 and the canopy rails were so bad, I was flying with the cockpit turned off. So much for suspension of disbelief...

Now that I see that many of the other aircraft have better cockpits, I'll try and selectively download for what I'm not happy with.

Thanks again for the help!

Nunny

ndicki
October 16th, 2008, 05:37
There is a first-class P-51D cockpit with the Korean War aircraft - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/~dakota/pages/bo-aircraft.shtml

and Klass o'44 has done a new P-51B/C with a very nice cockpit which also fits the stock one.

nunny1969
October 16th, 2008, 17:09
Thanks ndicki, I'll be sure to check them out.

Bravo/4
October 16th, 2008, 17:11
You'll find a lot of the better modelled pits in MAW!

flyer01
October 17th, 2008, 11:20
I maybe wrong but if you plain on playing any online dogfighting or missions you will get mismatches with planes that are not the same as the other players. Most all the online players have a game file thy play off line with and a game file thy play online with. I change some cockpits with some addon and was not able to host or join any online games. There may be a way around it that I don't know about other then moving in and out a lot of files.
Welcome to SOH nunny 1969.
Flyer01:medals:

Pat Pattle
October 17th, 2008, 22:40
I maybe wrong but if you plain on playing any online dogfighting or missions you will get mismatches with planes that are not the same as the other players. Most all the online players have a game file thy play off line with and a game file thy play online with. I change some cockpits with some addon and was not able to host or join any online games. There may be a way around it that I don't know about other then moving in and out a lot of files.

Easiest way around that is to have two ETO installs, one for 'home' use, the other for online - you'd probably need lower slider settings for online anyway and probably best to keep the online one 'stock'. :)