PDA

View Full Version : UK airshows

lefty
April 6th, 2009, 14:25
Just seen the airshow schedule in FlyPast magazine. Missed out last year - thinking of doing Flying Legends at Duxford 11-12 July, as well as, probably my local show at Leuchars - the weather can't possibly be as bad two years running !

Any of our other regulars planning to have a day out ????

Is there anything unmissable in the Netherlands, perhaps ?

Ferry_vO
April 6th, 2009, 15:13
Nothing that can't be missed so far it seems.

I'll be in Volkel for two days in June, two (Maybe three) days at Lelystad for the 'Dutch legends' show, there's the 'London-Melbourne race fly-in' also in Lelystad in July and in September we'll go to Sanicole in Belgium, which has some BBMF aicraft and the Red Bull P-38 and Corsair confirmed.

Nothing confirmed yet for the 'Legends' show, but no doubt the usual Dutch suspects will be on display.

Hurricane
April 7th, 2009, 13:55
For me it'll probably just be waddington, as usual.

As well as that I'll probably be doing most of the museum events.

Also looking forward to 26th september though- rollout day for our whirlwind project, we've got the old 84sqn crews coming to visit and hopefully we might get some aircraft flying in, one of our regular allouette's was based in cyprus at the same time as the whirlwind so that would be nice. (and the beverley cockpit is even getting a coat of paint and some scorpion badges for the event).

SteveB
May 6th, 2009, 03:04
Hey guys don't overlook RIAT this year, It's the weekend after Duxford.
Heres a link too the attending aircraft listings so far.
http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/Aircraft/participation

lefty
May 12th, 2009, 10:36
Well I've booked for Flying Legends on the Sunday - going the whole hog with the Gold Pass mainly to get a better camera viewpoint.

If anyone else is going to be there, let me know - I won't be wearing an I LOVE ICKIE T-shirt but am otherwise quite identifiable....

Hurricane
May 15th, 2009, 13:28
To celebrate finishing uni yesterday (no longer a student- now unemployed!) I've decided to head up to old warden for the evening airshow.

Fingers crossed the weather is nicer than forecast. It sounds similar to today which has nice at times but also cloudy, rain held off mostly though. Main worry is the wind, forecast sounds a bit strong for the older stuff but the 'modern' ones should be ok.

ian elliot
June 8th, 2009, 12:18
Like Steve, RIAT is the show for me, only 39 days to go :jump:.
im also thinking about going to Biggen this year as i hav'nt been for about 5 years,
Good call on the Gold pass for Ledgends, the crowd line at Duxford can get very pack'd, it may cost you a bit more but you will enjoy the show.
cheers ian