PDA

View Full Version : CC in FAA?

BeauBrummie
April 6th, 2009, 10:21
Just looking for the Coastal Command Wellington in a QC mission and I couldn't find it on the list, but after searching around I found it and the CC Whitley underneath the RN's FAA flag! I'm curious about the logic behind this decision as CC was a major part of the RAF. I realise that the Admiralty took a operational directing role so as to co-ordinate CC with the RN anti-sub efforts, but it remained an RAF command. Illumination please? (no not the Leigh light...:wiggle:)

Beau

MustangNightFighter
April 6th, 2009, 10:34
Don't understand the basis for that decision but you can change the nationality for the plane in the xdp file.

popsaka
April 6th, 2009, 10:59
I know so much less than some of our resident experts, but isn't CC and FAA virtually the same?

Yeah but no but yeah...?

Bravo/4
April 6th, 2009, 13:29
No, as Beau says, CC RAF, FAA RN!

popsaka
April 6th, 2009, 15:02
Oh, I get it... Thanx

Capt. Winters
April 6th, 2009, 18:16
Hi Guys,

The desicion was one I made when doing up the standalones, basically we were heading for hundreds of planes in the British country, if I had all the BC CC and FC planes in there making the lists very long to scroll through.

My thinking was rather than have 6 pages of planes in which individual aircraft become lost amongst the crowd I decided to put the planes working in a maratime role (CC FAA) under the FAA banner and the BC and FC planes under the britain banner.

this was a way to separate out the various halifax's, whitleys, wellingtons, blenhiems etc and bring them to the attension of the player, rather than having them all lumped into britain, where the player might just assume all wellingtons etc are the same and never get around to enjoying each model, rather just flying the same plane all the time.

I did the same with the Beaufighter, one in Australia and some in Britain, and again the Hurricane one in Polland and several others in Britain. just a way to add more planes of a similar design yet make them standout from the crowd so to speak.

when we were discussing which countries to include in the ETO NEK set I originally had a CC nationallity but it was decided by the group as a whole that to many sperate forces for england and not other countries would be unbalaned ie US, 9th Tactical airforce, 8th airforce etc were do we draw the line. a comprimise was made.

regards Rob.

BeauBrummie
April 6th, 2009, 23:44
I see the logic there Cap, the only wrinkle I can see is that pre ETO and new CC aircraft would have to have this 'nationality' for consistancy. No biggie but just a bit of XDP editing to do.

Jeff