PDA

View Full Version : Rami's ETO install guide - Rhumba edition

Rami
April 5th, 2009, 17:48
To all,

As a way to help some users which may be confused about how to install Rhumbaflappy's new files, I have uploaded an updated version of my ETO install guide, which now gives step by step instructions on how to install Rhumbaflappy's LOD 5, DEM, DEM LOD 8, and watermasks for a European-based install.

The only caution is that I made a note that this new guide should only be used by those with a broadband connection, due to the size of the file downloads. I provided a link in the new guide for those with slower connections, so they can download my old one. The file sizes associated with that version are smaller and more manageable.

I hope that this clears up any remaining issues.

And if Sander's site happens to be down at the time you're downloading the files, PLEASE try not to PM me about the broken links. There is nothing I can do! :banghead:

His site will most likely be back up soon, it tends to ebb and flow like the tides.

Enjoy! :bananapowerslide:

Shessi
April 6th, 2009, 01:41
Many thanks Rami for taking the time to update the guide. :applause:

Just in timefor a new install!

My old pc just went phut (what a pain!!), main HDD and MB has gone, so when the new one's on-line certainly be using your guide.

Cheers Shessi

Rami
April 6th, 2009, 02:40
Thanks, but in all honesty...the idea for this guide came from Cody Coyote's handbooks. :redf:

voyager
April 6th, 2009, 09:28
Rami,

I tried to download it but keep getting sent back to the Forum page instead of the file.

Other stuff downloads okay.

voyager

Rami
April 6th, 2009, 09:30
The link on my page is to the file here. You need to be logged into the Outhouse to download it either way. :typing:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13950 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13950)
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13950)

achim27619
April 6th, 2009, 10:15
Rami,

I have the same problem as voyager. Every other download is ok.

Cheers

Achim

Rami
April 6th, 2009, 10:26
I can't reproduce their issues, guys. Is anyone else having trouble? The link on my page and download links here at the Outhouse work just fine for me...:isadizzy:

rich12545
April 6th, 2009, 11:13
I can't get it either.

jhefner
April 6th, 2009, 11:19
Clicking on your link gets me the description screen. Clicking on the link on the description screen to the zip file gets me the popup; but rather than get the save file dialog box; it throws me back to my profile screen. (Rami, try actually downloading it, if you haven't already.)

-James

Rami
April 6th, 2009, 11:49
I can download the package just fine using Firefox. This has got me stumped.

It's been downloaded 249 times since 9am, surely everyone hasn't had this issue.

Aha! It's using IE 7 that's the problem here, the file name has an apostrophe. This is my goof. Let me PM Douglas and see if there's something we can do.

voyager
April 6th, 2009, 13:43
Thanks Rami,

That did it. Downloaded with no problem. IE7 was the problem.

voyager

Rami
April 6th, 2009, 13:45
Douglas actually just got rid of the apostrophe, and the download works fine.

Sorry about the goof!