PDA

View Full Version : Texas

EasyEd
April 5th, 2009, 14:32
Hey All,

Great win by Jeff today. Good to see him finally win after 47 losses in a row. It's also his first win ever at Texas.

Jimmie came second which is fine considering how bad his car was during the first 2/3rds of the race - Chad got it right though.

Kyle got some hard knocks today foolishly bumping Andretti and cutting his own tire. Denny did OK top 15 IIRC.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
April 5th, 2009, 17:17
I only saw the last 26 laps or so because I was watching the IRL race....:d

But yep, it was definitely good to see Gordon win :)

That being said, the DEI/Ganassi merger has been good to Montoya - as Montoya has quietly slipped into 13th place overall in the points & is ahead of all DEI/Ganassi drivers....:)

EasyEd
April 5th, 2009, 21:13
Hey All,

Forgot to mention.

Poor cousin Carl - about 30 to go he goes into the pits in first comes out 11th!! No way he's gonna pass 11 cars plus lap trafic on a double file restart with about 30 to go. His pit crew probably cost him the race (heard it was the lug nut changer on the right front) - a top 5 anyway. Is pit crew performance as critical in F1 as it is in NASCAR?

As for Juan Pablo - he is doin well but there is a long way to go. He's in a Chevy this year and getting Earnhardt Childress engines - that has to help although the Dodge engine upgrade this past winter helped them too - look at Kurt Busch and Stremme. That said I hope he makes the chase.

-Ed-

wombat666
April 6th, 2009, 00:24
Is pit crew performance as critical in F1 as it is in NASCAR?
-Ed-

Sure is Ed, most of the 'passing' is done in pitlane ....:kilroy:

Panther_99FS
April 6th, 2009, 04:41
I'll also add that both F1 & IndyCar appear to cite the importance of the driver in-lap & out-lap times moreso than NASCAR....

wombat666
April 6th, 2009, 06:47
I'll also add that both F1 & IndyCar appear to cite the importance of the driver in-lap & out-lap times moreso than NASCAR....

As well as having more crew per car than the flight deck of the USS 'John F Kennedy'!
One of the smarter moves to come into force in the Supercar Series has been a mandatory reduction in crews, no longer are there Engine Monitoring Technicians for each car, just one and he must multi-task as well.
Without checking I think a typical Level 1 team has been forced to cut down from around 35 to some 20 'Pit Crew'.
Makes sense ...................:applause:

redriver6
April 6th, 2009, 15:51
Hey All,

Great win by Jeff today. Good to see him finally win after 47 losses in a row. It's also his first win ever at Texas.

Jimmie came second which is fine considering how bad his car was during the first 2/3rds of the race - Chad got it right though.

Kyle got some hard knocks today foolishly bumping Andretti and cutting his own tire. Denny did OK top 15 IIRC.

-Ed-

yep it always good for the points leader to actually win a race:applause:

looks like its gonna be between jimmie and jeffie this year....which is why i'm gonna start watchin effwun again.....just exactly what is a 'Brawn' anyway???

smoores
April 6th, 2009, 20:52

Its strange that no one brings it to anyone's attention. People like Jeff Gordon usually gain about 4 seconds over less familiar drivers. That is a part I love watching, because no matter what, the veterans are always faster(except for Kyle Busch)

Panther_99FS
April 6th, 2009, 21:03
Its strange that no one brings it to anyone's attention. People like Jeff Gordon usually gain about 4 seconds over less familiar drivers.

I hear ya' smoores and like you, I'm at a loss as to why it's not covered more in NASCAR....:ques:

Anyways in the IRL, for the last few years, Danica Patrick was extremely slow with her in/out laptimes - her pit crew could give her a great pit stop but she'd lose the advantage due to her slow in/out laptimes....