PDA

View Full Version : Where is the love?

Rezabrya
April 4th, 2009, 14:23
for military fighters? We so far have the F-16 and F-14 and the F-18 and that's about it. Why has nobody done a decent F-15, F-22 for instance? I will never know but I guess I was wondering if any payware devs or freeware devs have planes to do any more FSX military fighters? I sure can't wait for that A2A F-4 to come out.

Kiwikat
April 4th, 2009, 14:30
There isn't enough information to make a decent F-22 anyways. In general there isn't much of a market for fighters. Though this is probably the wrong forum to say that in.:173go1:

Rezabrya
April 4th, 2009, 14:36
The F-22 I can somewhat understand but surely there is enough for an F-15? Fighters are very poorly represented in FSX.

Paularx
April 4th, 2009, 14:37
For Military hardware - Tim Piglet Conrad is your man. He will hook you up with A-12 Avenger II, Mitsubishi T-2's, F-1's, Northrop F5a's, and many others for you for a very special price ;-)

Tako_Kichi
April 4th, 2009, 14:41
I can't speak for others but I personally have no real interest in modern jets (which is I guess what you are referring to as there are lots of older jet and prop fighters available for FS9/X).

MFDs, HUDs and missiles that kill beyond visual range leave me cold. Give me 'steam' gauges and guns any day!

datter
April 4th, 2009, 14:58
This Crusader (http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads-file-2229-details.html) is pretty good. Yes, an older generation ac and not native FSX or anything, but worth taking up now and then for sure.

tigisfat
April 4th, 2009, 15:29
for military fighters? We so far have the F-16 and F-14 and the F-18 and that's about it. Why has nobody done a decent F-15, F-22 for instance? I will never know but I guess I was wondering if any payware devs or freeware devs have planes to do any more FSX military fighters? I sure can't wait for that A2A F-4 to come out.

All these aircraft have been produced, but modern MSFS add-on production times are now in the years. This means that we will go years without seeing new versions of certain aircraft, like we are now with the F-15. The devs would have to finish one F-15, for example, and then immediately start the next F-15 for us to have had them even once in a while. Most of them prefer to broaden their horizons.

warchild
April 4th, 2009, 16:02
well, i guess your specifically brand new modern day american planes, to whit we have in reality, the f-22, f-35, and a new f-15 deigned after Dryden space centers canard equipped 2D vectored thrust f-15.
The F-22 lost a mock dogfight to an su-27 a couple years ago, the f-35, the next great merican f-4 mockery isnt anywhere near holding up to it's promise and the canard equipped f-15 was a nice test bed but should have stayed there. The f-18 vaunted as it is, is the laughing stock of the rest of the world, and the f-16 venerable and a magnificent fighter which has been copied by so many other countries and spawned such shoot offs as the Lavi and the chinese J-10 is getting old in the tooth..
Like DX-10s passing, the worlds aircraft teeter between fifth generation and sixth generation aircraft with the heavy hitters of the fifth generation like the su-35 and chinas upcoming J-12,13, and 14 facing off against americas sith generation combat aircraft, which are all "pilotless".
Whats to build??

addendum:
I call the f-35 a mockery of the f-4 because like the f-4 it is a single aircraft which has been assigned to meeting all the needs of all the american services. you would think they'd take a lesson from history, but they havent. it'll be a magnificent failure as was the phantom..

Boomer
April 4th, 2009, 16:42
This is just a WAG but IMO the standards for payware is so high that the amount of time to develop a gradable VC would outweigh any real profit.

Piglet
April 4th, 2009, 19:06
The F-4 Phantom was a failure?!!?

d0mokun
April 4th, 2009, 20:00
I once might've been biased but I don't consider the F-22 from AS to be too poor. Still stands up to modern standards easily.

If you want systems replication on an F-22, forget it lol..

deathfromafar
April 5th, 2009, 01:00
I once might've been biased but I don't consider the F-22 from AS to be too poor. Still stands up to modern standards easily.

I second that. I've been flying the FS9 AS F-22 since the day it came out. Was worth every penny and it has a hell of a flight/maneuvering envelope for an FS9 model considering known limitations in FS. There's been a number of fine FSX modern and vintage combat jets produced. I am certain we will see quite a few more.

kilo delta
April 5th, 2009, 03:13
it'll be a magnificent failure as was the phantom..

The Phantom was far from a failure.....sure they f'ed up when they designed her initially without guns , but they addressed that with the F-4E. There were about 5000 built (a figure not to be sniffed at) and they've seen combat in many different theatres in the world. A jack of all trades, performing roles such as fighter/interceptor ,bomber, SEAD,recce etc.

The F-22 lost a mock dogfight to an su-27 a couple years ago

I'm a firm beliver that,in modern air combat, the outcome of the fight can be swayed by the competence of the pilot/crew....irrespective of whether or not they are flying against an aircraft that,on paper, is superior to theirs.For example.......I'm sure that if an Israeli Air Force F-16/F-15 went up against an F-22 (and without the use of BVR missiles) that it could hold it's own. Crew training is at least 50% of the battle. Also....it's worth remembering that pilot's can have a bad day.
With the emphasis on stealth/low observable technology, chances are that BVR missiles will play less of a role in air combat, and we will once again see classic short range missile and gun fights.

mustang51
April 5th, 2009, 09:53
Have been wanting to clean the runway with one like this.

Odie
April 5th, 2009, 09:59

Does it work okay in FSX? Loved it in FS9.

redriver6
April 5th, 2009, 12:06
The F-4 Phantom was a failure?!!?

yep...you didn't git that memo?...its such a monumental failure that iris has two versions of it for sale on their website.

they are the british versions tho...evidently those werent 'monumental failures':icon_lol:

The f-18 vaunted as it is, is the laughing stock of the rest of the world

apparently Austrailia, Canada, Finland, Kuwait, Malaysia, Spain and Switzerland ain't laughing to much since they bought em.

VFR Reviews
April 5th, 2009, 16:12
There was talk on the Captain Sim forums of an F-22 or F-35. Probably nothing will come of it, though.

I would kill for an SU-37, though :D

RyanJames170
April 5th, 2009, 16:22
well to answer your question first you need to think of this
if a store was going to sell an product first they would want enough people out there to recover the money spend into it and to make some sort of an decent profit. hence why an lot of places don't do some aircraft because it will be an financial loss to them and in the current times its not a great idea to do something like that.

so a lot of aircraft have not been done that all of us would like to see.

i lost an friend figuring this out.

and yes some aircraft there is not enough information to get an good enough flight model out of them to make it worth the time.

Ryan