PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sim Commander X

Pepere
April 4th, 2009, 11:45
Does anyone have this program. I can't get their GPS to show up in full screen mode of FSX.

I also have tried to register with areosoft's forum and can't for one reason or another.

Any help out there? :wave:

David :kilroy:

mjrhealth
April 4th, 2009, 13:10
FlightSim Commander provides a GPS and Moving Map feature which allows you to track your flight in real time. You activate GPS from the Map Window by choosing from the menu bar GPS → Connect to FS. Before you activate GPS, make sure that Flight Simulator is running. We also suggest that you uncheck the box Pause on task switch in Flight Simulator’s menu Options → Settings → General, if you are running Flight Simulator and FlightSim Commander on the same monitor.

As soon as the connection is established, a little GPS window will appear which places itself in the top left corner of the Flight Simulator window. This GPS window can be dragged and dropped to any location. Secondly, a little aircraft symbol will appear in the center of the Map Window indicating your aircraft’s current position.

Did you folow this.

rdyoung
April 4th, 2009, 13:42
I believe that you must also be running in Window mode. If you try that, resize the window so that the bottom does not touch the task bar at the bottom of the screen to maximize FPS.

Rick

Pepere
April 4th, 2009, 15:32
Yep it works like you say in windows mode. How about full screen mode? I have two monitors running....

David

spotlope
April 4th, 2009, 17:59
Doesn't work in full-screen because FSX takes over any displays it finds and blanks them for its own use. Seems to me I got in trouble for behavior like that in kindergarten...

Pepere
April 4th, 2009, 18:10
That's too bad. I don't like flying in windows mode. They should have made a GPS gauge like the little one in their windows setting.. Oh well.

David