PDA

View Full Version : Tocumwal Terrors

Ravenna
April 3rd, 2009, 23:09
Thanks AGAS 5. Your new RAAF skins for the ALPHA B-24s will get a lot of use in my virtual skies! Cosmopolitan Tocumwal....who'd have thought it.
:applause::applause::applause:
:ernae:

Ravenna
April 3rd, 2009, 23:43
Tocumwal...aka McIntyre Field. Once the largest bomber base in the Southern Hemisphere.

AGAS 5
April 4th, 2009, 00:42
Thanks mate, I appreciate it :jump:

Pack 2 and the RAAF Shrike have also been uploaded.

Hey that photo looks familiar....

Pete

Rami
April 4th, 2009, 05:10
Thank you so much, AGAS! :ernae:

bearcat241
April 4th, 2009, 07:18
Good work Pete....and btw, where can i find the download for that airfield?

Ravenna
April 4th, 2009, 17:21
Good work Pete....and btw, where can i find the download for that airfield?

Yeah....what he said!
Oh, and can you include the Murray river with that!:costumes:

Bill Kestell
April 4th, 2009, 17:52
Nice one, Pete ... thanks!

AGAS 5
April 5th, 2009, 01:53
Thanks guys :jump:

wrt RAAF Tocumwal (McIntyre Field).... I have it and a 'few others' on my hd that I started a long time ago.....but got rudely interrupted with real life issues... :173go1:

They all need elevation readjustments with the addition of Rumba's fine work and some need finishing off with trees etc...

Pete

kelticheart
April 5th, 2009, 23:58
Thanks guys :jump:

wrt RAAF Tocumwal (McIntyre Field).... I have it and a 'few others' on my hd that I started a long time ago.....but got rudely interrupted with real life issues... :173go1:

They all need elevation readjustments with the addition of Rumba's fine work and some need finishing off with trees etc...

Pete

Marvellous repaints, Pete!

Just like all the other you uploaded recently, if the McIntyre scenery is only half as good as your aircraft skins...

I CAN'T WAIT TO DOWNLOAD IT!
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

egypt23spitfire
April 9th, 2009, 07:32
.....thanks PETE

........was gliding(and playing golf) at TOCCIE last month
.........very unique as you have a grass cross strip(for gliders) that shadows the bitumen one for powereds

........heres a "now" piccie of the SportAviation site

nbrettoner
March 29th, 2010, 20:54
Hi,

For anyone who's interested, here's some links to background historic information on this important WWII airfield:-

The place was built for the Americans & named after Captain Patrick W mcIntyre; a WWII air ace tragically killed in a mysterious air crash out of Archerfield QLD 5th June 1942. He was from Michigan:-
http://www.ozatwar.com/ozcrashes/qld218.htm

The actual base details:-
http://www.ozatwar.com/tocumwal

I have spent the past seven years researching the old air base & RAAF #5 hospital.
If you get the chance to visit, go to the information centre & join one of bob Brown's talks, & have a look through the THAM museum there.

kind regards,
Noel Brettoner