PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Experts...

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 06:25
Shouldn't a mkI Gloster Gladiator be able to turn inside bf109E?:confused:
...or just about any other mono-winged fighter??

grizzly50
April 3rd, 2009, 06:31
Shouldn't a mkI Gloster Gladiator be able to turn inside bf109E?:confused:
...or just about any other mono-winged fighter??

:kilroy:Popsaka, any Mk of Gladiator should. They do in ETO.:d

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 09:03
I was just flyin' a mission in the Belgian Glad (beautiful skin from Nigel!!) and the bad ol' A.I. flyin' 109e's out-turned me
(:icon34:they had a lot more energy ta start with but...) and, generally speaking, had me fer dinner! (or was it hors deurves?)
...I don't think I even put up enuf of a fight ta be considered a main course!!:isadizzy:

grizzly50
April 3rd, 2009, 09:32
:kilroy:Popsaka, get used to using your controls a bit more "creatively". As long as the enemy can get and stay above you, you're in trouble. Entice them to come down to your level.

I had tons of fun dropping the Glad into PTO and tearing those Zeroes a few new holes!:d

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 10:00
Originally I used the little MS Sidewinder and I thought: O.K. fine... its short, its quick, great, huh?... Wrong!

Though a bit ungainly at first, the Saitek pro is a whole new ball game... only a bit longer, put you sit up on the end of it so its as if its twice as long! ...and the auto calibration gives it a control and stability the Sidewinder just ain't got!

It makes me want to try one of those full size(and full length) french jobs in a motion pit with the peddles, et all.... that must be as good as it gets!

What I want tho' (that I can afford, that is) is sumpin like the Saitek but w/ force feedback...

Anyone have any suggestions or feelings about this???:fish2:

hairyspin
April 3rd, 2009, 10:30
The Saitek must be a monster,:faint:the Sidewinder FFB2 already takes up more desk space than I'd like, but it does have FFB....:d

popsaka
April 3rd, 2009, 13:21
The Saitek's only got a slightly bigger footprint than my Sidewinder Pro*... Its just TALL that' all!

*(NO FF unfortunately)

ndicki
April 4th, 2009, 23:47
There is NO WAY a 109 can out-turn a Gladiator - or a Spitfire for that matter, assuming adequate levels of energy at the bounce. Back to school...!