PDA

View Full Version : A stock Japanese landing on Midway?

kelticheart
April 2nd, 2009, 14:07
A good day to everybody!

Following Dvslats/Blue Devil's excellent tranformation of Phil Crowther's Liberty Ship into a "Liberty Maru", I also proceeded to replace the stock CFS2 Japanese freighter with my new "Liberty Maru".

Well, now you can imagine my surprise when I took a flight from Midway runway and found the Liberty Maru moored right there, as shown below. :jawdrop:
A Japanese ship is obviously part of the stock Midway scenery if I found the Liberty Maru there....

Did the MS team imagined a "what-if" situation when they built the stock scenery with the Japanese already landed on Midway?

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Shadow Wolf 07
April 2nd, 2009, 14:24
I didn't think there were any ships in stock scenery anywhere. Oh well... :faint:

kelticheart
April 2nd, 2009, 14:32
I didn't think there were any ships in stock scenery anywhere. Oh well... :faint:

I didn't think it either! But it's there nevertheless...:confused:

Blue Devil
April 2nd, 2009, 15:57
I didn't think it either! But it's there nevertheless...:confused:

Read this Thread (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=13524), ...

Fibber
April 2nd, 2009, 18:21
Kelti;
looks like that ship is beached!:rapture:

Skipsan
April 2nd, 2009, 18:40
She is. That side of Eastern Island has an up slope from 80-90 ft 50 yards of shore. And there is no facilities on that beach outside of fighting positions to this day:amen:

Skipsan:kilroy:

Ravenna
April 2nd, 2009, 18:49
Where would I find the Tramp Steamer Maru?

Blue Devil
April 2nd, 2009, 21:59
Where would I find the Tramp Steamer Maru?

Well, ...

You can find the conversion files here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=13587...

...and this is the latest skin.
(and the U.S. one as well)

dvslats
April 3rd, 2009, 04:48
Did the MS team imagined a "what-if" situation when they built the stock scenery with the Japanese already landed on Midway?

Cheers!
KH :ernae:
Probably just another one of the little goof ups one finds spread through out this sim KH. But the best part is being able to change it. ;) For me being a landlocked person, I really wonder how close to shore these ships could be moored? Probably would need to find one of those maps that show the depths around land masses. Before...I was using the Tom Hanks movie "Cast Away" for a reference to water and structure surronding islands. :icon_lol: Looks like I'm off to the Perry-Castaņeda Library.