PDA

View Full Version : More campaign/mission crap

oldwheat
April 1st, 2009, 22:05
Now I am getting 'cannot find' pop-ups for every INF object called for in the mission then the stupid game says that the mission is corrupted!... Carrier missions load just fine.. Everything looks kosher in SceneDB. Also, when I load missions into MB, all the player planes & ships are called by the wrong names, aaaaargh, this crap is getting to me! Any thoughts?

oldwheat
April 2nd, 2009, 09:13
:bump: I really would like to play missions again :whistle:!

Pen32Win
April 2nd, 2009, 09:16
I think you've overloaded your mdlnames. Cut out all of the old CFS1 entries and try that.

oldwheat
April 2nd, 2009, 09:36
I usually don't add to mdlnames but tried a new mdlnames file just for drill...

bearcat241
April 2nd, 2009, 09:37
:bump: I really would like to play missions again :whistle:!

Well....reinstall and do so...LOL

OK seriously OW, you got a lot of symptoms there that we have no idea how they started or why. You didn't give us any info on the last major change or addon you made before all of this started, so we can only grab at straws here.

Wrong names appearing in MB suggest naming discrepancies between the mdlnames file and your items in the aircraft and ships folders. There might also be the possibility that you're not putting entries or at least the CORRECT entries for every new object addon into the mdlnames file after installing the objects. Its also a good practice to put new object entries into the descript.dat also.

The good news is that your MB still loads in spite of it all...that's a victory in itself when dealing with this kind of trouble.

oldwheat
April 2nd, 2009, 11:24
I've made a LOT of add-ons recently I'm guessing that something in the auto-installs with 'Milne Bay' or 'Defense of Australia' did the dirty deed, but can't say for sure.. The real pisser is that I can't reinstall from My CFS2 disc ( says something about a messed up cab file) & the new copy of CFS2 that I just bought for backup has a cracked #1 disc :banghead:..... I was under the impression that all modelnames really did was make it easier to find stuff in the MB & I ceased adding names a long time ago. No problemo till now..

bobhegf
April 2nd, 2009, 13:09
Can you use the #1 disc from your old CFS2 and the #2 disc from your new one? :typing:

oldwheat
April 2nd, 2009, 13:41
No, my old disc is not working & the new one is cracked! Now the stupid game won't load @ all :banghead:... Guess I'll just get another copy & start from scratch (again! :mad:) or just say 'screw-it'..

miamieagle
April 2nd, 2009, 13:50
You should have back it up Old Wheat!

It has safe me countless of time.

Back it up for the next time!:wavey:

oldwheat
April 2nd, 2009, 15:58
Your right, I need an external drive. But I'm still frustrated/PO'ed.. I was just doing extensive rebuild after my PC aborted ALL it's files a month or so ago!

Ravenna
April 2nd, 2009, 16:00
OW,
Do you have multiple installs and (if so) do you have the same problems in all of them?

oldwheat
April 2nd, 2009, 17:31
Yes, I had 8 installs & they all went down the crapper along with every other file on my PC.. I was just in the process of rebuilding from scratch.. Maybe 'Murphy' is trying to give me a message i.e. "Get a life!"

merlin2
April 2nd, 2009, 17:40
Geex, OW, I sure wish I could help ya. It is a real bummer when the whole thing goes up. I really hope that you find a way to get things going again. In the meantime, you have our sympathy for sure.

oldwheat
April 2nd, 2009, 17:55
OK, glutton for punishment that I am.. Where is a good, fast source for yet another copy of CFS2?...

Ravenna
April 2nd, 2009, 18:36
OK, glutton for punishment that I am.. Where is a good, fast source for yet another copy of CFS2?...
or better yet, a set of CDs or DVDs with an updated install. We must have lots of those between us.

oldwheat
April 3rd, 2009, 11:20
So I said to myself; "Self, what if you set back your PC to an earlier time? Voila (pronounced 'voh-ee'-ah ;) ) My game is still fubared but @ least it loads & I think I know what I might have done to screw it up.

I tried using a new GSL file ( thanks SW) but no joy.. When I open up mission builder & click on anything in infrastructure= ships, vehicles or infrastructure, the game crashes.. Any clues on this? Everything looks OK as far as the INF folder goes but I'll look again...

sc7500
April 3rd, 2009, 15:27
...OK, glutton for punishment that I am.. Where is a good, fast source for yet another copy of CFS2?...

Try here, OW - It's the cheapest, fastest, and bestest way to go !

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004WFVZ/ref=dp_olp_3/102-4059819-3995322

SC
:kilroy:

oldwheat
April 3rd, 2009, 20:21
Thanks Sc7500, I ordered one from there last night...

oldwheat
April 4th, 2009, 07:55
I'm hoping that some guru will come up with a fix for this but I may have to wait for my new CFS2 discs to arrive...

sc7500
April 4th, 2009, 09:13
...Thanks Sc7500, I ordered one from there last night...

My Pleasure, Senor !

SC
:kilroy:

oldwheat
April 8th, 2009, 00:16
O.K. I just think everything is working when I get back to square one... Apparently the game is unable to find infrastructure from the stock 'INF.bgl' or Pen's replacements... Nothing of the stock infrastructure shows up in the Mission Builder list but everyone else's does, whether it is listed in 'mdlnames or not.. When I try to load a landbased mission, I get 'cannot finds for damn near everything in the stock INF library.. I'm beginning to wonder if it is a PC glitch but I don't have a problem in a new install until I start re-adding the add-ons. Help!!!..

oldwheat
April 8th, 2009, 13:27
Figgered it out! Apparently my install of FSDS is kicking out 'typhoid mary' .bgls ( when they decide to compile at all :banghead: ) that infect CFS2 with 'cannot find' paranoia... Now I only have one problem to solve as the second problem was obviously causing the first..

swimmer111
April 8th, 2009, 19:12
uhhh, i honestly don't know about the DB files and stuff like that, but try making sure that the campaign doesn't include any planes that are corrupted or messed up, when i download campaigns, i try to contact the guy who made it and ask about any add ons that were included in the campaign, otherwise thats all I got for ya

dvslats
April 8th, 2009, 20:36
Man vs. Machine....I didn't think you would give in OW. Give 'er Hell...me thinks anyone of us have felt that way, one time or another. :hatchet: