PDA

View Full Version : Question on VC lighting Please!!!

Marvin Carter
April 1st, 2009, 21:11
Guys I have a question about instrument lighting in VC,like in the Corenado Arrow. Is that a effects setting or is it modeled in the plane itself, would be nice to set it up in a couple a planes I fly, Any HELP please!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!!
Marvin Carter

mjrhealth
April 1st, 2009, 22:28
Its in the model, thats all there is to it, and all are different. as you have seeing.

Lionheart
April 1st, 2009, 23:21
The model will usually either have a VC Effects light, or 'light mapping' textures, or both.

People like lighting guru Bill Leaming started doing models that have both, with switches that can seperately turn on the dome light (very bright) and the instrumentation lights (gauges only plus any illumination 'lightmap' textures). This way you can fly with just soft glow going, or with the bright dome light going.

FS Stock planes do not feature soft glow in their night mode illumination systems. (Some have fixed them so that they do. There are update kits that can do this at sites like AVSIM for those who would want this).

I do not have the Arrow, but I am thinking with Carenado's superb quality, that they probably have night glow lighting going on.

If you are making a model and want that incorporated in it, you would simply copy/paste a interior texture, and rename it with a Underscore_L at the end (well, for organizational purposes, naming isnt that important anymore). Then take the texture and make it dark except for where you want a glowing of light on it. Then you would airbrush in some nice arrays of light over area's, like tops of seats, down the sides of side panels, etc.. Then in your 3D program of choice, enter that texture as your illumination texture for the Diffuse (standard) texture you are adding this to.

Fun, once you get the hang of it.

Bill

Marvin Carter
April 2nd, 2009, 08:01
Thanks guy, thats what I thought.

Marvin Carter