PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

OBIO
October 12th, 2008, 19:58
1) Is there a functional 3-tank fuel selector available? I am working on the Alpha Sim Vickers Varsity and need a working 3-tank fuel selector. I have some, but they only allow me to select ON or OFF. Or is there something in the air file/config file that needs tweaked to get the fuel selectors to work properly?

2) The plane has a bomb bay, and the read me file say that the bomb bay is opened and closed with the spoiler key /. I have the spoiler set to D in my controller assignments...and NADA. I changed the assignment to the / and still the bomb bay doors refuse to open. I am using the CFS2 controller assignments. Is the lack of bomb bay function due to me not using the CFS style assignments or is this a general problem with these older aircraft with the bomb bay doors assigned to the / key?

OBIO

Corsair Freak
October 12th, 2008, 20:24
Hi Obio,

Do you have auto fuel management unchecked in the realism settings? When checked you can only choose between on or off. You probably already know this, but I'm just double checking. :kilroy:

CF

jimskifs
October 12th, 2008, 20:43
The stock P38 has a pretty good selector. It has reserve, left, right, both, and a drop tank position, plus off. So it really has a fuselage tank and two wing tanks in mind. I have been using it with success, the reserve position selects the fuselage tank.

Jimski

OBIO
October 12th, 2008, 20:45
Auto-fuel! That is the problem! Thanks for the info. I tried all the stock fuel switches and none of them worked...and now I know why.

OBIO

bearcat241
October 12th, 2008, 21:48
The Corsair's selector is best for 3-way options (LW, Center FWD, and RW), plus it has reserve and droptank settings.

For spoiler activation on the D key, make sure your air file has these settings:

Section 320 spoiler angle limit = 0.001745
Section 327 spoiler available = 1 (True)
Section 1101 spoiler cycle time = 1.500000
Section 1101 drag coefficient spoiler -*2048 = 50 (for a little realistic wind drag when bomb doors are open)

OBIO
October 12th, 2008, 23:46
Thanks for the tips Bearcat. The bomb bay doors now open on the D key! And here's a pic of the new skin for the Varsity...just a redo of the original skin. Will be doing a few more skins for the plane before uploading. I have gone into the MDL using Martin Wright's MDLcolor and changed the material color for the radio/radar assemblies on either side of the nose. They were Canary Yellow...which just didn't look right. The ladder and the tail support thingie (visible when the plane first spawns in the sim and before engines are started) are okay in yellow, but the radio/radar needed to be a steely grey.

OBIO

bearcat241
October 13th, 2008, 04:44
Nice job...for a plane that size you might want to consider increasing bomb door activation cycle and the drag a bit more for better flight sim realism. Maybe 5 sec on the cycle and 100 on the induced wind drag.

OBIO
October 13th, 2008, 09:12
Have two more skins done....but only one is usable. The bottom of the left wing, right at the root, for some odd reason..takes texture from the top of the wing. The skin I did has the upper surfaces in white and lower surfaces in dark blue. Well...right there on the inside portion of the left wing there is this big glaring white stripe. Scratch one paint job.

OBIO