PDA

View Full Version : FSC. to scenery (INF) object..

oldwheat
March 31st, 2009, 09:31
Should be simple enough but I can't get it to work.. K.I.S.S. instructions please ...

PutPut
March 31st, 2009, 13:26
Should be simple enough but I can't get it to work.. K.I.S.S. instructions please ...

I really don't know what an INF object is. When I compile my FSDS scenery objects it is either to a scenery .mdl which can be placed with Bglcomp or other placement programs, or I can run it all the way through to the final .bgl file.

Paul

oldwheat
March 31st, 2009, 15:23
I am just trying to make a scenery object (.bgl) but am getting the good old 'cannot find in library' pop-up. I always assumed that if you create a .bgl with FSDS & link it to a DP, you should be good to go other than for weapons ,BGL's.. I guess that I am missing what is required to 'run it all through'.

PutPut
April 1st, 2009, 14:11
OK, I missed completely that you are working with a combat simulator, CFS2? What I mentioned above is for FSX. I am using FSDSv3.51 which doesn't compile for CFS2. I don't have FSDSv2 installed so I don't recall how one got to a .bgl file. In fact, I didn't do a scenery object until FSDSv3 which used Makemdl as the compiler and it still worked like I said above, just a different compiler.

Sorry, Paul

oldwheat
April 1st, 2009, 21:10
Thanks Paul,
I have sent a PM to you.