PDA

View Full Version : Clive and the ACC Team

O-1Driver
March 30th, 2009, 17:01
Guys,

I need you to get serious about this stuff and quit your day jobs.

I need a large industrialized city, as large as you can make it with buildings, houses, factories etc that we can build in the new firestorm effects for raids.

What would happen is that the new incendiaries that Rob has made would have my new effects in them as would the new town facility, When the player hits it you would see large areas of fiires and smoke that burn a long time. I have something special to show you before long, a hint is that it is a new ground fire even better than the current firestorm but I need a lot of building rubble to place it in.

Steve

mongoose
March 30th, 2009, 17:33
Yeah Clive. Time to leave the wifie and kids and get on with it mate.:jump:

Pat Pattle
March 30th, 2009, 22:47
What does a chap have to do around here to get some kip?? :sleep:

The city work was started many moons ago.The only snag was fps hit with so many buildings. I have some ideas to lessen this so will open up the files again and have a look, as it's you mate. :)

ronnybengt
March 30th, 2009, 22:51
...impressive there.....cant wait.....JOLLY good show

R:focus:

Frosty
March 30th, 2009, 23:48
Guys,

I need you to get serious about this stuff and quit your day jobs.

I need a large industrialized city, as large as you can make it with buildings, houses, factories etc that we can build in the new firestorm effects for raids...

Sure, no problem. I 'll send you my bank account number in a PM. I 'll even give you a discount as ETO friend, as long as it covers my monthly expenses. If push comes to shove, you can always sell that toy plane and car of yours :costumes: :costumes:.

- But seriously, I' ll get in touch with Clive and see if I can lend him a hand.

BeauBrummie
March 31st, 2009, 00:39
....as this is a night mission project from 15,000ft + surely the city only needs to be impressionistic rather than detailed which as the harbours etc have shown smacks the fps rate especially for us saps with low end machines.

Beau

Pat Pattle
March 31st, 2009, 03:20
....as this is a night mission project from 15,000ft + surely the city only needs to be impressionistic rather than detailed which as the harbours etc have shown smacks the fps rate especially for us saps with low end machines.

Quite true Jeff, but the US daylight boys need catering for too :) We'll get the fps hit to a minimum by modelling city blocks rather than individual buildings.

This wip shot has been posted before, it was an idea for modelling city targets that may still see the light of day if it can be made to look better. I'd rather try and improve the stock city textures I think...

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/BerlinHalifax.jpg

popsaka
March 31st, 2009, 04:20
Cripes, Clive, that looks really nice... tell me ,guys, doesn't cfs3 support a "LOD" system which could be tailored to give us the best of both worlds (so to speak)??
I'm a bit outta my depth, tho'...:mix-smi:

Pat Pattle
April 1st, 2009, 03:18
tell me ,guys, doesn't cfs3 support a "LOD" system which could be tailored to give us the best of both worlds (so to speak)??

Yep it does Pops. The smallest LOD's for something like a city target would be very low poly indeed. As Jeff says, from 15000ft or at night buildings wouldn't be seen so only need to be 'suggested' in the model.

hairyspin
April 1st, 2009, 12:22

Beau

hairyspin hereby gives notice that he will be leaving - leaving the low end machine club, that is. Those nice people at my online retailer have just told me the bits for my new rig have been despatched. Nothing interstellar, just up-to-date with a reasonable graphics card and lots of memory and storage. Really looking forward to seing MAW as she is spoke and ETO at better than slideshow. Might even get FSX. :faint:

One is fairly excited. :rapture: :rapture: :rapture: :rapture:

Pat Pattle
April 1st, 2009, 21:39
Good on yer mate! Since getting a semi decent graphics card cfs3 has come alive. :woot: