PDA

View Full Version : Let's go racing boys!

Cazzie
March 29th, 2009, 03:14
heading out to meet a couple of mates at Hardees for a biscuit, then up the road 30 ticks to Martinsville for the NASCAR race.

As fate would have it, the Truck race was cancelled yesterday, when I could not go due to being in a wedding, and postponed until noon tomorrow. Guess what, The wife takes the kids to school and picks them up tomorrow and I am going to see the Truck race. Really like the truck better than the Cup, crowd will be absolutely no problem tomorrow, better racing, and it's ove in less than 2 hours! What a great way to spend a Monday afternoon!

Caz

Panther_99FS
March 29th, 2009, 06:35
Have fun Caz!
I used to like the trucks in their first 2 years or so....but now, my interest has fell off....:kilroy:

EasyEd
March 29th, 2009, 07:12
Hey All,

Enjoy the Trucks Caz! I'll be at work...:frown:

-Ed-

Wiens
March 29th, 2009, 08:14
Cazzie,

Enjoy both races, especially the trucks!!

Man, I'm jealous.........:faint:

Kevin

Panther_99FS
March 29th, 2009, 14:41
Did Denny even do a post race interview :ques:

Cazzie
March 29th, 2009, 15:20
Back in, windburned and mad as a hornet at Ed's man. Denny didn't need to do an interview, payback's gonna be hell for a certain Hendrick driver at Richmond. I was hoping Kyle Busch, who was several laps down, would put an all-out make or break effort for a team mate and take the eventual winner out after what he did.

JJ was wrong, that's all I am gonna say!

Caz

Panther_99FS
March 29th, 2009, 16:22
Actually,
From the replay, it wasn't a dirty move from my take.....

Jimmy got his nose in without hitting Denny and by the time Denny turned down, Jimmy's right front fender was already there.....

EasyEd
March 29th, 2009, 17:05
Hey All,

Panther I've no doubt whatsoever that Caz knows it was fair - he's seen short track racing long enough - he just ain't happy about it. I wouldn't be either if the roles were reversed but I'd know it was fair - that's the way short trackin is - rubbin is racin. Jimmie didn't even wreck him as Denny still got 2nd. Denny - I have no doubt - knew he had to get away and just couldn't. Martinsville in the spring belongs to Jimmie and for the last 6 years belongs to Hendrick.

Caz I apologise for Chad and Jimmie and I hope Denny gets the monkey off his back soon.

The lack of this kind of racing is exactly what is wrong with bristol. Stock cars have fenders for a reason it isn't mean't to be as "clean" as F1. This two groove stuff at Bristol just don't cut it in my opinion. It's better racin I suppose but nowhere near as good a show.

But getting back to Denny - just think how much of a thrill it woulda been for Denny if that car behind him coulda been a certain black number 3 with a driver with a certain chit-eatin grin. Everybody on earth woulda known Denny's fate and everybody on earth would have approved including - I bet - Denny. Because it's Jimmie people have a harder time with it but that's because Jimmie isn't the black number 3 but he is - I think - a copy of a certain silver fox.

-Ed-

Cazzie
March 30th, 2009, 07:41
Hey All,

Panther I've no doubt whatsoever that Caz knows it was fair - he's seen short track racing long enough - he just ain't happy about it. I wouldn't be either if the roles were reversed but I'd know it was fair - that's the way short trackin is - rubbin is racin. Jimmie didn't even wreck him as Denny still got 2nd. Denny - I have no doubt - knew he had to get away and just couldn't. Martinsville in the spring belongs to Jimmie and for the last 6 years belongs to Hendrick.

Caz I apologise for Chad and Jimmie and I hope Denny gets the monkey off his back soon.

The lack of this kind of racing is exactly what is wrong with bristol. Stock cars have fenders for a reason it isn't mean't to be as "clean" as F1. This two groove stuff at Bristol just don't cut it in my opinion. It's better racin I suppose but nowhere near as good a show.

But getting back to Denny - just think how much of a thrill it woulda been for Denny if that car behind him coulda been a certain black number 3 with a driver with a certain chit-eatin grin. Everybody on earth woulda known Denny's fate and everybody on earth would have approved including - I bet - Denny. Because it's Jimmie people have a harder time with it but that's because Jimmie isn't the black number 3 but he is - I think - a copy of a certain silver fox.

-Ed-

Right as rain Ed, ol' "bump 'n' run", used far more in the Truck series then in the Cup series these days.

Just so sad to lead so long and have "the" car and have the race stolen out from under you. Like I said, JJ knows, Richmond is comin' up real soon. :karate:

Will not be at the turck race, Martinsville tack greed wants $35.00 for the ticket. Now $20. I would have been there, but $35., uh-uh, I'll watch it on TV and be yet another no-show.

Caz

eddie
March 30th, 2009, 22:10
Well, after Bristol and Martinsville, Jack Roush could have saved some money and left his teams at home! They did nothing in either race!

Cazzie
March 31st, 2009, 02:15
Well, after Bristol and Martinsville, Jack Roush could have saved some money and left his teams at home! They did nothing in either race!

It's not Rouch, it's Ford, for some reason, particularly at Martinsville, Fords just do not do well on short tracks, even when they were running the old Cup cars. Carl Edwards had a car early but it went away.

Caz