PDA

View Full Version : I am officially addicted!

Lionheart
March 29th, 2009, 02:08
Well, it hit me.. I seem to fly this sim now for 'fun' more then the others. I use FSX for testing the FSX product lines I am working on. I test also in FS9, my fave sim, for product lines I am also working on (dual sim product lines), but for fun, for the past several weeks, I use XP9.

I have been using only the Cissna 172SP (stock) and the Avanti (stock also).

The scenery is just unbeatable, even compared with FS2004. Even with low resolution stock scenery in XP9, the colors and picturesque environment are just so much more realistic.

Here, I am using a Demo scenery of Phoenix and the terrain is quite similar via desert and scrub brush and colors overall. With the photo terrain, its also low resolution, but the same colors. You can see in photo 4 where the photo terrain ends in the demo I have, how the colors are still realistic to a desert area.

For those of you that know Phoenix, photo 1 is looking at the mountain range near Scottsdale airport, looking south by south east. Picture 2 is looking west from Scottsdale road towards Deer Valley area, about 10 miles away, roughly. Picture 3, turning onto final, onto Deer Valley rwy 27L, about 5 miles out roughly.

This flight was in the Cissna.

Bill

JimC1702
March 29th, 2009, 05:12
I'm much the same. I load FSX to work on airports, but I load X-Plane to fly.

This weekend I've been getting used to the ATC, flying IFR, and doing ILS landings.

Jim

Major_Spittle
March 29th, 2009, 12:33
Due to the lack of Multiplayer in X-Plane I have been flying FSX, but in single player I fly X-Plane more. I need to set up some thunder storms in X-Plane and see what it's like.

GT182
March 29th, 2009, 16:47
Bill, how's the scenery out towards Tucson? To me that was always a pretty drive coming up thru there.

harleyman
March 29th, 2009, 18:25
Looking good there.....

Does it have blurry ground textures or are they sharp and crisp in all views?

Lionheart
March 29th, 2009, 18:27
Bill, how's the scenery out towards Tucson? To me that was always a pretty drive coming up thru there.

Hey GT182,

To put it this way, it looks like proper desert. You can see bushes and washes and all. I dont have the full state of Arizona yet. Thats on the wish list. But alot of the sonoran desert terrain is like you see in the Phoenix shots that were outside of the edges of that photo real terrain.

Bill

Lionheart
March 29th, 2009, 18:32
Looking good there.....

Does it have blurry ground textures or are they sharp and crisp in all views?

Hey HM,

I do get some odd 'glitches' now and then. I am running my resolution at something near 1900 by 1200, full everything, and with the photo real scenery, far off tiles will occasionally turn a wierded out green tinted color, then it returns. Lasts about 1 full second, and is intermittent.

I have an ATI card right now, and ATI cards do not run well presently with XP9. They say that if you are serious about running XP9 full out, to get an nVidia card. (arrgh... I have an iMac.. But the newest iMacs do have nVidias, so perhaps they have one that will work with my baby).

Here are a couple of screenshots to show you what it looks like when the terrain tiles 'birp'.

Bill

Chacha
April 23rd, 2009, 10:08
Due to the lack of Multiplayer in X-Plane I have been flying FSX, but in single player I fly X-Plane more. I need to set up some thunder storms in X-Plane and see what it's like.

My daughter and I fly on Multiplayer on XP9, however, you have to be on the same network to fly. It is really interesting, different, like you're driving a new car with different key functions and gears.... How many times I crashed my plane... and my daughter's still flying!

For me, the experience and the new achievement that hey I can fly XP9 as well, is my main concern now, (of course the FS9 is still a fave-). Like hey I can drive with a stick shift (or a 10 wheeler!)!!!! (the excitement is always there!)

Eli

PS
Did I mention the satisfaction!