PDA

View Full Version : Lockheed Super Constellation

diegoxs
March 28th, 2009, 10:20
The title of the threads tells you all, not to mention that is the one of the best FSX fs9sdk model wich in it's bigger brother version performed EXCELLENT in FSX. Is the upcoming Super Connie, our workers are finishing the fusealge polishing an almost ready to take off. The other good thing is that after a landing into fs9 and FSX will start the compilation of the TRUE FSX NATIVE model. Be sure that when the FSX version comes out many will be a propliner master and a Super Constellation captain, you will love this aircraft.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6133/aluminium.jpg

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
March 28th, 2009, 11:15
I asked my good friend Paco ( Francisco Sanchez-Castaner ) to put one together for me to compete in an air race , with a little help from ones friends anything can happen .. even FSX Super Connies

It was based on his 749 , the kind of plane one tends to spend half the flight watching gauges from the engineers station

CodyValkyrie
March 28th, 2009, 11:15
That looks absolutely beautiful mate!

cheezyflier
March 28th, 2009, 12:16
so, are you saying that first you will release a port, and then a true fsx model later? or are you going to release a true fsx model right from the start?

Panther_99FS
March 28th, 2009, 12:23
Chuck,
The screenies you posted look like the Abacus Platinum model - is it so :ques:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
March 28th, 2009, 12:35
It is so , the Super Connie is by the same author but unreleased and a " Special " developed for an air race proposed in 1970 at Reno that ended up being cancelled at the last minute , ... thats what simulation is all about , what might have been can be .... with a little help from the developers .

Rock On !

http://www.adastron.com/lockheed/constellation/n9723c7.jpg

diegoxs
March 28th, 2009, 13:08
The Lockheed L-1049, both short nosed and nose radar version and the military EC-121R with the ventral radar! The most detailed Super Connies far away. After the Super Connies, we'll release the L-749s' then straight into FSX native models.
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3001/1049vars.jpg

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
March 28th, 2009, 13:19
Don’t sweat it , this isn’t for release .. it’s for fun and a race , private stock done for the fun of it and thats what we have with these .. fun, developers have the most fun because we create the source files and don't spend our time quibbling about rivets.... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Panther_99FS
March 28th, 2009, 13:19
It is so , the Super Connie is by the same author but unreleased and a " Special " developed for an air race proposed in 1970 at Reno that ended up being cancelled at the last minute , ... thats what simulation is all about , what might have been can be .... with a little help from the developers .

Rock On !

Thanks Chuck
That Abacus Platinum Connie for FS2004 was always one of my favorites! :applause:

tigisfat
March 28th, 2009, 14:33
good show!!

diegoxs
March 28th, 2009, 16:00
You'll have time to sweat with the most realistic, detailed and with the best flight dynamics ever FREEWARE Connies!

warchild
March 28th, 2009, 16:54
hmmm.. Could you tell us a bit more about this roposed air race? Wha kind of planes would be involved etc?? I'm thinking it might be a bit of fun if diegoxs did the connie and i did one of th competition. I cant gaurantee the plne i worked on would win, but between the two of us, there would be at least two extremely accurate fde's on the field. :D
definately sounds like fun ..
Pam

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
March 29th, 2009, 05:05
http://www.adastron.com/lockheed/constellation/racer.htm

http://www.mojave.ca.us/museum/photos-cftc-airraces.htm

The Red Baron was going up against "Super Snoopy" a DC-7 in a 1000 mile race , Lineup on the Mojave ramp for the November 15, 1970 California 1000 race. F8F-2 Bearcat, Vought F4U-4 Hawker Sea Fury II as well as Howard Keefe's famous P-51D Miss America

diegoxs
March 29th, 2009, 09:55
Too much.. just tryed to post a head up from a serious project that has more than one a a half year of work and turned into a cheap monkey junk. Thread closed.

n4gix
March 29th, 2009, 10:15
Too much.. just tryed to post a head up from a serious project that has more than one a a half year of work and turned into a cheap monkey junk. Thread closed.

Don't get your knickers in a twist mate! Besides, you don't have any "authority" to declare a thread "closed." :ernae:

Your only option is to not read or reply any more, but that would be a loss for everyone. :173go1:

Mr.Mugel
March 29th, 2009, 10:23
I´m looking way forward to that project, everything that will be native FSX is great news! And it´s good of you to keep the FS9 folks supplied, too! I use DX10, and my frames are on the lower limit, so port overs are a no-go for me, so an FSX native version of the most beautiful tubeliner ever is wonderful news! And it looks great! Please keep it going, I guess there are loads of people who will deeply appreciate it!

MM
March 29th, 2009, 10:58
Diego, the team's L-1049 looks to be a real milestone. Congratulations to all involved.

Roger
March 29th, 2009, 12:24
This thread looks like two seperate threads inexpertly combined into one mish-mash.
I quite understand diegoxs' frustration at having his thread hijacked. Apologies are due I think?
Seems to be a total lack of discipline around here at the moment.

datter
March 29th, 2009, 13:08
Why can't people discuss Connie's in a Connie thread? The original poster has announced some upcoming aircraft, and I'm sure that has been duly noted by all. What's the harm in having a chat about the aircraft and it's history... unless the intent of this was looking for a lot of back-patting.

The initial post looks promising, and I will be happy to hear more about it and to try it out. I'm also happy to hear more about Connie's in general and I don't see why that can't happen here.

dharris
March 29th, 2009, 13:14
Why can't people discuss Connie's in a Connie thread? The original poster has announced some upcoming aircraft, and I'm sure that has been duly noted by all. What's the harm in having a chat about the aircraft and it's history... unless the intent of this was looking for a lot of back-patting.

The initial post looks promising, and I will be happy to hear more about it and to try it out. I'm also happy to hear more about Connie's in general and I don't see why that can't happen here.

Are you saying a post about just "Connies"? Or is it just adding comments about other things "Connies"? Either way it would be interesting. I have found value in these forums, even reading posts that I was not particularly interested in, and then finding someone's post that shed light on another subject that I did find interesting. The new interest in Connies is very interesting for me and others that have flown on her. Keep them coming while I am still able to see!:friday::friday:

datter
March 29th, 2009, 13:35
Are you saying a post about just "Connies"? Or is it just adding comments about other things "Connies"? Either way it would be interesting. I have found value in these forums, even reading posts that I was not particularly interested in, and then finding someone's post that shed light on another subject that I did find interesting. The new interest in Connies is very interesting for me and others that have flown on her. Keep them coming while I am still able to see!:friday::friday:

I'm saying the original poster was announcing an upcoming Connie for FSX (a port over followed by a native), and the discussion since has turned into a general one about the Constellation and it's history. I love the AC, but had no idea about that air racing stuff mentioned above so I found all of it welcome and it makes me want to fly the model originally mentioned all the more whenever it's released.

Great news about the upcoming freeware, great airplane and a great discussion about her history. I see no need for apologies, nor the need for anyone to get bent out of shape because a thread didn't go as they expected. No disrespect intended, but the internet is like that.

Roger
March 29th, 2009, 14:13
I'm saying the original poster was announcing an upcoming Connie for FSX (a port over followed by a native), and the discussion since has turned into a general one about the Constellation and it's history. I love the AC, but had no idea about that air racing stuff mentioned above so I found all of it welcome and it makes me want to fly the model originally mentioned all the more whenever it's released.

Great news about the upcoming freeware, great airplane and a great discussion about her history. I see no need for apologies, nor the need for anyone to get bent out of shape because a thread didn't go as they expected. No disrespect intended, but the internet is like that.

Did you see diegoxs' reaction?
It's simply a question of respect. If you don't see this then god help us. diegoxs may never post here again.

SkippyBing
March 29th, 2009, 14:18
I saw diegoxs reaction and it struck me as being a bit precious. If he can't accept forum threads going off at a related tangent then I can't see him lasting very long on any forum.
Seriously he starts a thread about an upcoming Constellation, what did he think people were going to talk about?

datter
March 29th, 2009, 14:25
I saw diegoxs reaction and it struck me as being a bit precious. If he can't accept forum threads going off at a related tangent then I can't see him lasting very long on any forum.
Seriously he starts a thread about an upcoming Constellation, what did he think people were going to talk about?

Thank you, saved me from typing the same thing.
Can we talk about Constellations again now please?

diegoxs
March 29th, 2009, 14:54
First of all i want to apologyse about my reaction. The thread was intended to show you all a project that has many people involved and many of the spend entire nights withot sleeping and helped by a cup of coffee to get textures, gauges or soundsets ready even having two hours sleep before going to the office.
I just wanted you all to know about the Super Connie, a very realistic model and for many people is important because there's not such a good and detailed model since 1998.
The hurting thing here is that someone posted something far away from our project, and even not freeware and tryed to turn it into a competition; i work as a freeware developer, as a member of a group, there are exceletn payware addons wich worth the price and y pay for it, but i can spend hundreads of hours working for the group and my best pay is to know that the user enjoy and like the final product.
i know i do not have any authority here to close the thread but there i finished the discussion. I say again; the thread is related to the upcoming project and just that, the project is under the California Classics forum and i thought this site is important enough to post a thread about it.

Diego

N2056
March 29th, 2009, 15:05
Forums can be interesting at times in terms of the direction a given thread can take. Frankly I see no competition here...think about it. If you are doing freeware what are you competing against? I see the progression of replies as possibly drifting away from the original post, but while doing so an interesting aspect of the plane's history was revealed.

Your project really looks good...please continue to update it's progress here!

Ian Warren
March 29th, 2009, 15:28
The title of the threads tells you all, not to mention that is the one of the best FSX fs9sdk model wich in it's bigger brother version performed EXCELLENT in FSX. Is the upcoming Super Connie, our workers are finishing the fusealge polishing an almost ready to take off. The other good thing is that after a landing into fs9 and FSX will start the compilation of the TRUE FSX NATIVE model. Be sure that when the FSX version comes out many will be a propliner master and a Super Constellation captain, you will love this aircraft.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6133/aluminium.jpg
Now that looks nice , be good to see the other variants , just pleased work continues on , off course there will be the tank less long nose jobbie :applause:

warchild
March 29th, 2009, 15:29
I wasnt trying to steal the thread, nor turn it ino something detstful. Indeed, i adore the connie and to see a very well done version of it for fsx has long been a dream of mine as well.. Neither did i mention anything about not doing it as freware nor make anything a competition beyond allowing pople to dly the whatif scenario for thmselves and enjoy the action. Though it's true that i do work on payware, it's also true that i'm not limited to that and am currently working on to freeware projects as well.. Personally, my love is flying in any form, and money is something i haven not collected for anything. I havent even sent a bill for my work..
For the misunderstanding I ask you to please accept my apology. It was unintentional and based on the photo of the red baron and the mention of the race. It was in no way ment as a challenge, but rather a "lets put our talents together and make omething super special" type suggestion.
I do feel however that the proclaimation of the thread being closed was a bit extreme, but can still understand it as when i'm deep in a project, i too can get a bit off center..
again, my apology's to all..
Pam

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
March 29th, 2009, 15:41
I am reminded of the time a gentleman and i were discussing “ Fun “ with woman , he was older than i by thirty years and made the comment “ What i used to be able to do all night now takes me all night to do “ , we were both enjoying the same thing and for the same reason in the same way ...with the same tool...
The point i am raising is that we are all enjoying a shared pleasure although the tools are not the same the results are supposed to be pleasant and best shared , its serious fun of course and that raises passions among the participants that can overcome the objectivity that should be an integral part of a pastime , if one is getting upset , mad or ready to take their valued participation elsewhere it’s time for a break .
Myself i took a break , for a Month did not post a single thing at SOH because i was seeing far to much that was troublesome , and here the third thread i participate in is going south , the second thread is gone ( simvition and shockwave lights ) , something is out of control and i can’t put my finger on it but we need to remember that this is supposed to be “ FUN “ , informative and not painful .
When i decided to take a month off it was after reading a thread about how Avsim is run ( i am its Managing Editor ) , it was said we have too many rules and are a boring bunch of old men , there is a reason its tightly monitored , the main one is so we can avoid meltdown as passions become enflamed , it’s hard to have good time and be mad as hell at the same time .

warchild
March 29th, 2009, 15:44
The hurting thing here is that someone posted something far away from our project, and even not freeware and tryed to turn it into a competition; i work as a freeware developer, as a member of a group, there are exceletn payware addons wich worth the price and y pay for it, but i can spend hundreads of hours working for the group and my best pay is to know that the user enjoy and like the final product.
i know i do not have any authority here to close the thread but there i finished the discussion. I say again; the thread is related to the upcoming project and just that, the project is under the California Classics forum and i thought this site is important enough to post a thread about it.

Diego

Diego.
I can fully understand about the amount of work you put into these planes. The vulcan Iris Just released took over 3000 hours of my time alone, let alone Davids and the rest of the team. The F-14 took another 800 hours of my time and so on. Currently i have over 300 hours in on the project i'm working on with OzX and really, thats just getting started.. So yes, i do understand. I am sorry that my enthusiasm for your project and the potential possibilities came across so poorly.
Pam

datter
March 29th, 2009, 15:52
diegox, I can honestly and genuinely say I am greatly anticipating the release of your Super Constellation and have no doubts it's going to be worth the wait. I hope you keep us updated here, I know I'm not the only one eager to try her out.

<S>

diegoxs
March 29th, 2009, 16:15
Hey, i do not have the credits for the aircraft, i am just a member who works in the team. The person you have to thank is Manfred Jahn

Panther_99FS
March 29th, 2009, 16:43
diegoxs,
Is there any difference between the Constellation you talk about in this current thread & the one you mentioned in this previous thread :ques: --> http://sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=13118&highlight=Constellation

Marlin
March 29th, 2009, 21:26
, it’s hard to have good time and be mad as hell at the same time .

Good words to live by!!

Life has me MAD AS HELL so I have taken a little break from this place so that I don't take it out on some unsuspecting person. Your :welcome:

But back to the topic at hand, the more connies the better!!!!!

Bring em all on, (FSX native that is.) That is just one sexy bird no matter who makes it.

fliger747
March 29th, 2009, 22:02
Some of the better threads have been rather ecclectic and rambling, as is our membership. For the developer any interest generated about connies should be welcome. At least the rivet counters have not made their presence known. One of the reasons that many betas and WIP's are not revealed, they are not recieved sometimes in the spirit they are give.

Cheers: T.

fsafranek
March 29th, 2009, 22:40
I've yet to see a thread at any flightsim forum stay on topic for very long. Such is the way of converations.

Diego, I hope Tom Gibson is among the others involved. He is a true fan of the Connie and introduced myself and some of the others at FFDS to her. We watched an old Arthur Godfrey film on several occasions at his house years ago. Those were good times.

Here is is. The dude looks half drunk most of the time and the Eastern Air Lines pilot looks bored.
http://www.archive.org/details/Flyingwi1953 and http://www.archive.org/details/Flyingwi1953_2
The audio/video is out of synch but it's all there.

OK, :focus:
:ernae:

cheezyflier
March 30th, 2009, 05:21
what an awesome video! part 2 will have to wait till i get home though.
did you guys see that meal they served! holy moly! now you're lucky to get peanuts and a 7-up!!!

dharris
March 30th, 2009, 05:32
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thought that that was where you were going just wanted to clarify. I was wondering if there is an update on Manfred's L-1049, I have downloaded the paintkit and the WW texture already, just need the aircraft. Keep up the good work, just remembering how cool it was when I got the first connie for fsfs/fs5 and how far we have come from their first efforts, thought I was on top of the world for awhile. .............

Name: eal_1049.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=1967) Size: 198,999 Date: 02-24-1996 Downloads: 408
FS5/FSFS Eastern Air Lines L1049G Constellation: This model has been modified with permission of Doe & Joe Aircraft Unlimited, who designed the original flight and visual model. This model has working night interior lights, flaps, an airstair, and an improved spinner and engine work up. This is another in the building fleet of Eastern Airlines aircraft from W.C. Schulz.

dharris
March 30th, 2009, 05:39
what an awesome video! part 2 will have to wait till i get home though.
did you guys see that meal they served! holy moly! now you're lucky to get peanuts and a 7-up!!!

If you liked that video, check out this of the restored L-749, beautiful is no where's close to what this represents. If you look at their site, and see the still photos you can see the care that goes into her. Sort of like the care that must go into designing the sumulation models that require so much work. Thanks again to the fine community of develpers, especially the freeware folks that do so out of passion for their work. :ernae:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q9LDAVDy0w

datter
March 30th, 2009, 10:23
Damnit. I tried out that other recently discussed freeware Connie last night and it freezes my system up entirely a minute into every flight. I thought I sorted that out when I reinstalled my audio and video drivers but apparently not. :(

cheezyflier
March 30th, 2009, 11:25
If you liked that video, check out this of the restored L-749, beautiful is no where's close to what this represents.

ok, i will confess, although i totally get off on the radials and the sweetness of the era, i also get totally engrossed looking at the metal work. i know how much work goes into making those beautiful curves. i know that someone spent alot of time and effort training to learn how to make each part to the most exacting standards. i know that some unknown guy went home tired every day making those parts with pride of workmanship. it sounds retarded i'm sure, but i think of that every time i look at those planes. in my head, i say a little prayer for those guys.

fsafranek
March 30th, 2009, 14:50
ok, i will confess, although i totally get off on the radials and the sweetness of the era, i also get totally engrossed looking at the metal work. i know how much work goes into making those beautiful curves. i know that someone spent alot of time and effort training to learn how to make each part to the most exacting standards. i know that some unknown guy went home tired every day making those parts with pride of workmanship. it sounds retarded i'm sure, but i think of that every time i look at those planes. in my head, i say a little prayer for those guys.
Absolutely. Works of art and true craftsmanship.
:ernae:

fliger747
March 30th, 2009, 18:46
Off Topic.... But McArthur's Connie, "Battan", sits on display at Williams Arizona, a bit South of grand Canyon.

T.