PDA

View Full Version : FS9 portover A/C in Vista

navy81
March 27th, 2009, 04:25
Just got a big rig running Vista 64 (for now, anyway). moved all of my files and set up FSX and accel. One interesting item though, all of my FS9 portover Acft (Alphasim A-3, Razbam A-4 series) show up and fly, but the textures (in game) don't show up. The aircraft are a grayish white. All FSX acft (Razbam A-6, IRIS F-14, and native FSX and accel acft work fine). I did note that in the specific FS9 aircraft folders, i could not preview most of the textures at all when trying to open them (they are bmp files). XP would show them, but Vista attempts to open them with Windows Photo Gallery, and it returns an error that says "Photo Gallery can't open this picture or video. This file format is not supported or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Gallery." The FSX native aircraft texture files provide me with the same preview problem in Vista (with the exception of just a few files -like the turbine bmp, and a few others), but the aircraft, in game textures are fine. Any help would be appreciated. Yeah, I know, 'Vista"..... It's okay, but I'm looking forward to Windows 7....

noddy
March 27th, 2009, 04:42
Have you got DX 10 ticked in FSX, if so untick and the textures will show.

navy81
March 27th, 2009, 09:03
You da man Noddy! Works 4.0!
Thanks,
Deke