PDA

View Full Version : Oregon And Washington Scenery

Gdavis101
March 26th, 2009, 15:10
Has anyone bought the Oregon and Washington Scenery for XPLANE? I was real close the other day, but wanted to get some opinions first.

Lionheart
March 26th, 2009, 18:39
Not here.. yet..

I want the Arizona Scenery. I have the Demo. I wish I could download the purchase instead of sending for a DVD.

On the Demo download, the scenery is very low resolution on Arizona. See if you can at least get the demo of that area so you know what its like. Its a bit like FS9. But.... It can be increased in resolution quite a bit. There are some high resolution cities out now that are comparable to FSX.

EDIT: When I say that you can increase the resolution, I mean that the scenery devs can make it more higher in resolution. They make the sceneries in certain resolutions. Some are higher resolution, some are lower. And it will tax your sim.

Bill

kbr
March 26th, 2009, 19:39
If your talking about the "Real Scenery' scenery, they usually release a low res of the whole state and then seperate high res sceneries of the main cities that fit seamlessly into the larger low res sceneries. I'm planning to get the Arizona scenery myself, but I'll start out with the low res of the whole state, then grab the higher res of Phoenix and Tuscon to add on at a later date.

Gdavis101
March 28th, 2009, 18:34
Yeah, so I am probably better off with the areas I have created myself.

Lionheart
March 28th, 2009, 21:11
I need to learn how to do that Gene. Looks like good fun.

I have a few select area's like southern Colorado that I would like to do.

Bill

Gdavis101
April 1st, 2009, 20:44
Its easy, just get the plugin for it. Not sure if it will still work with the newer versions of Google though, might have to switch it to the virtual earth server.