PDA

View Full Version : To get warmed up for the first race..

Ferry_vO
March 24th, 2009, 15:29
Here's a video explaining the Formula 1 rule changes for 2009:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090323.037/formula-1-racecar---2009-changes-in-3d-animation-video

:)

demorier
March 25th, 2009, 01:08
Fancy animation:applause: Going green in Melbourne tomorrow.

wombat666
March 25th, 2009, 08:59
I'll lay even money the attendance figures will need to be 'edited' to come close to last weekend's 'Clipsal 500' in Adelaide.
Really reminded me of the years between 1985 and 1995, atmosphere, great racing (and I'm not a rabid V8 fan) and an enthusiastic crowd.
Lot's of uneccessary bullchit (The XXXX Hookers etc. and 'Ute Racing') but the bottom end of the food chain need to be 'entertained' and I'm certain that HSV7 have had a bad influence on proceedings but it was almost as good a 'Boys Weekend Away' as the GP days.
I usually end up with two 'Corporate' passes, need them or not, but this year I find myself with six!!!
Bums on seats might be far less than required to justify keeping the Circus in town IMHO.
:gossip:

demorier
March 25th, 2009, 22:04
Maybe some are distracted with the footy starting the same weekend ?

wombat666
March 26th, 2009, 02:55
I'd say the 'Corporate' packages for the AFL are far better value than those for the GP, considering one is a single event and t'other a complete season.
Having said that, there is a distinct lack of the old 'Grand Prix Buzz' around, at any level.
From the Motorsport enthusiast's view, Philip Island Classics, the Clipsal and the GP are all too much for one month.
Both PI and Adelaide had record attendances .......... that must say something about value for money and entertainment.
At the moment the dominant GP 'News' concerns the row regarding the 'legality' of the Toyota, Williams and Brawn diffusers!!!
:gossip:

Ferry_vO
March 26th, 2009, 03:50
At the moment the dominant GP 'News' concerns the row regarding the 'legality' of the Toyota, Williams and Brawn diffusers!!!

Seems the FIA is to blame for not making the rules watertight (Once again) and some teams have found a way to make their diffusor a bit larger.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7965056.stm