PDA

View Full Version : Finally! :d

idancesafetydance
March 24th, 2009, 07:42
Well, my GTX 280 finally came in last night, did a few benchmarks, Crisis runs fine at max, nice and smooth so, I said to myself, "Lemme see how XP9 runs..." I haven't had XP9 on my system since last year. Then it hit me, I lent the sim to my CAP squadron to install on out *cought full motion* Cough* sim. Now I gotta wait till Thursday to try it. My question is, is XP9 more processor oriented? or is it GPU oriented, or kinda 50-50?
It ran like crap on my system when I had my stock 6150 integrated graphics, but runs great at the squadron, which has a slower processor but a 7800 GT. Thanks.

---Chuck---

DauntlessDriver546
March 24th, 2009, 10:20
I was randomly clicking about this site, and your avatar made me laugh very muchly! :wiggle:

I think XP9 is more processor-oriented than anything else.... I'm not gonna say that it doesn't have any orientation to GPU, but that's just my opinion based on VERY limited information I have.

By the way, you are in Civil Air Patrol?? I'm a Senior Master Sergeant, CAP Frank H. Kettlewood Squadron 252, Painesville Ohio. Good to know ya! :woot:

idancesafetydance
March 24th, 2009, 12:13
Thanks, I love my avatar too. Well, at least I can look forward to Crisis and yes, I'm in CAP, Walco Composite Squadron, Elkhorn WI, Cheif Master Sergeant. Man, they got my copy of FSX too XD

Lionheart
March 24th, 2009, 16:07
I was in CAP for a short time. I was in highschool at the time and really didnt get into what it could really offer, unfortunately.

Good fun though.

ItsSafeToDance,

Glad to hear about your new GC! I hope it runs XP9 nicely.

Bill

idancesafetydance
March 25th, 2009, 08:06
Thanks, man I saved for a LOOOONG time to get, had to get a new PSU and everything. Next up... processor. :)