PDA

View Full Version : Compass\mission pointer

navyjake
March 23rd, 2009, 08:36
Guys,

Here's the issue:

Went to fly one of the canned missions last night and the compass\mission pointer disappeared. Yes I tried pressing the "U" key.

The way points "big arrow" shows up but the compass\mission pointer that normally shows up in the upper left hand corner of the cockpit view seems to flash and doesn’t show up.

Anyone have this happen to them? Is there a fix, if it did?

Thanks in advance.

harleyman
March 23rd, 2009, 08:58
I never fly the missions.Well not in a while anyway so i don't know much about the pointer going away..

but hang out and check back..i'm sure you will get the needed help you need here..

Could it possibly be from a driver or graphics change?

navyjake
March 23rd, 2009, 09:46
Harleyman,

I would have guessed that also, but the last update I did on those was back in November. New drivers from Nvidia, aren't playing nicely with anyone so I staying away.

navyjake
March 30th, 2009, 07:42
I caused this issue by running a gauge cleanup program and it apparently removed this default gauge. Restoring from my backup set of gauges caused all to work again. 2 lessoned learned, don't run gauge cleanup programs and always make a backup before doing this type of work. I was lucky as I always do the 2nd.

harleyman
March 30th, 2009, 09:01
Ahhh....So you did it...LOL

I never use tools as that for just that reason...

I learned way back to leave well enough alone...HeHe...I'm famous for messing stuff up...

I'm glad to hear that you figured it out...