PDA

View Full Version : Selecting other paint schemes in XP9

Lionheart
March 22nd, 2009, 23:44
Hey guys (and gals)

In case you were wondering, there is a special way to select various other paint schemes of a plane. First, go to top menu bar and select Aircraft/Open Aircraft, and select the aircraft you wish. You will need to select the 'ACF' file for the plane to load. (I am thinking ACF means Aircraft File).

Then... To select the color, you again go to the top menu bar, select Aircraft/Open Livery and there you will see choices (if any are available) and from there, select one, and exit and view in the main XP9 world.

The stock Cessna 172SP has four paint schemes.

:rapture:

Bill

JimC1702
March 23rd, 2009, 02:59
That one took me awhile to figure out. I was going to post it also, but figured I was the only one who had trouble with it. :)

Jim

kbr
March 23rd, 2009, 21:31
Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of this and have been using multiple liveries the old Xplane 8 way, by having a separate acf file for each livery.

Lionheart
March 23rd, 2009, 22:35
No worries...

I was pretty stumped.. I couldnt figure out why they had livery folders and paints, but no files.. So I put in all the other files for each livery folder and that did nothing. Then I notices 'Open Livery' on the 'Open Aircraft' tab and found it there.

So much to learn on this sim...

Bill

spotlope
March 24th, 2009, 05:41
Another example of Austin's ridiculously clunky interface. Honest, MS ran rings around him on this count.

Chacha
March 24th, 2009, 09:07
COOL STUFF....!

Thanks man,
There are a lot MORE to discover! :amen:

Eli